City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Residential Maintenance Director.
- Director of Housing Development
- Clinical Social Workers (LMSW/LCSW)
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
- Tackling Poverty: A Local & National Agenda (Manhattan)
Business Development Coordinator (REF #12-035)
The Business Development Coordinator of the Strong Fathers, Stronger Families (SFSF) program is responsible for creating job opportunities for participants enrolled in one of four (4) SFSF program sites within Seedco's Community Based Organization (CBO) partner network. Stationed within some of New York City's most economically distressed neighborhoods, SFSF programs are located in the South Bronx, Washington Heights, East Harlem and Northern Brooklyn. Each location has a dedicated team of case managers and job development professionals that work together to select and prepare program participants for job opportunities. SFSF participants are predominantly low-income, non-custodial fathers who have multiple barriers to employment that include the following: low educational attainment, lack of work experience, history of incarceration, limited English (i.e., Spanish-only speakers), child support obligations, estrangement from children, lack of financial stability and drug use. The SFSF Business Development Coordinator would lead the efforts of the team of four (4) SFSF Business Development Specialists, one stationed at each of the four (4) program sites, to develop and create best-fit job opportunities for SFSF participants.
The Business Development Coordinator will lead job development and related activities for the SFSF program. This position is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, goal-oriented sales and job development professional who is also interested in community and economic development.
• Create best-fit job opportunities for members of the SFSF client pool given their interests, skills and aforementioned barriers to employment;
• Serve in a project management capacity for Seedco’s centralized SFSF business development effort. Coordinate the efforts of each Business Development Specialist across Seedco’s SFSF program network. In collaboration with the SFSF Program Manager and Operations Associate, set goals for job order creation activity. Conduct weekly check-ins with the business development team to insure that efforts remain on-task toward the attainment of placement-related performance metrics.
• Build and sustain relationships with small-to-large employers within best-fit industries for the members of the SFSF client pool. Lead the creation of an on-going pipeline of job opportunities that will result in a minimum of 500 new hire placements annually.
• Provide support and technical assistance to achieve a recruit-to-hire ratio of at least 4:1, helping each SFSF on-site employment services and case management team identify and prepare best-fit participants for interviews with employers, in coordinated efforts designed to better insure proper candidate screening, matching and referrals to open jobs.
• Manage and leverage SFSF Wage Subsidy incentives to employers in order to increase the likelihood of job order creation and placement into full-time work at a wage of $10 and above. Provide technical assistance to SFSF Business Development Specialists to better insure that they are also leveraging the wage subsidy incentive to amplify job order creation.
• Assist in marketing outreach efforts to promote the SFSF program as needed. Participate in events to secure new employer relationships for SFSF when appropriate.
• High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred;
• At least 3-5 years of sales, job development, staffing or related experience;
• Possess a proven track record of managing staffing and recruitment sales efforts;
• Demonstrated experience in job development for like populations (i.e., those similar to the SFSF participant demographic described above) and for Spanish-only speakers (a plus).
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Must have existing business and industry contacts and experience presenting to business/industry required;
• Local labor market trends knowledge strongly preferred;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience in a team-based work environment;
• Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds;
• Ability to engage large groups with diverse populations;
• Excellent computer skills;
• Must have the ability to create positive working relationships with diverse groups and individuals;
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
• Must be collaborative, motivating and possess strong sales skills;
• Willingness to prospect via phone and in person as well as network before and after work;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume, target oriented environment;
Bilingual Spanish/English a plus
How TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter to: email@example.com, with the subject line “Business Development Coordinator, Fatherhood (Ref# 12-035)”. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The recruitment process may take four weeks or longer due to the specific nature of each position’s requirements.
This job is performed under general office conditions, and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
Seedco is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization founded in 1987 that works to advance economic opportunity for people, businesses, and communities in need. Seedco’s work focuses on three primary areas: workforce development, work and family supports, and community finance and small business services. Seedco is a leader in implementing innovative, multi-partner initiatives that foster financial advancement and security. Learn more at www.seedco.org.