City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Director of Facilities
Broadway Housing Communities, a non-profit agency with a 29-year track record in sponsoring innovative affordable and supportive housing, integrating community-based educational and cultural arts programs, is seeking an experienced, dedicated professional for the position of Facilities Director. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic leader who will manage all capital improvements, facility maintenance / repair with respect to the Broadway Housing buildings and facilities.
Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental and 403 (b) plans.
The Director of Facilities will maintain a high standard of housing quality and ensure regulatory compliance of all BHC residential dwellings. Such maintenance includes all buildings and improvements, grounds and plantings, utilities, mechanical/electrical systems, equipment and construction projects. The Director will supervise the entire Facilities staff of 9 employees including management of all union and non-union maintenance and janitorial staff, development and monitoring of departmental budgets, and oversight of external vendors.
• monitoring the day to day performance of the facilities department and all building conditions;
• overseeing procurement of materials/equipment as required to facilitate accomplishment of assigned work;
• negotiating and monitoring contracts for all vendors, subcontractors and service agreements, including solicitation of bids for major repairs, capital improvements and contracts;
• responding to tenant complaints regarding repairs and dwelling related issues;
• developing budgets;
• conducting regular inspections and site visits to all six (soon to be seven) facilities including fire systems, alarm systems, HVAC units, elevators, boilers, etc.;
• responding to emergencies as required; and
• responding to fines, violations and inspections by all regulatory agencies including, the Buildings Department, FDNY, OSHA, Department of Health, HPD and Section 8.
The successful candidate will have a BA and five to seven years experience in residential building management (or a high school degree and 10 years of relevant experience.) This person must also have experience managing multiple residential and commercial dwellings, a strong knowledge of building systems, NYC building codes and regulatory requirements, considerable knowledge of safety principles and practices, considerable knowledge of the budget process, excellent supervisory and leadership skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills to deal with tenants, employees at all levels and be able to present operational information to upper management. Bi-lingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
How TO APPLY:
Send cover letter, salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (212) 690-4874. Please no telephone calls -- we will respond to those candidates whose qualifications are best aligned with the components of this job description. Applicants must include salary requirements to be considered. Broadway Housing Communities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Broadway Housing Communities has developed 300 units among six residential projects targeting formerly homeless and low-income children, families and individuals in the communities of Washington Heights and West Harlem. These properties include large gut rehabs, several 1920’s walk-ups and a landmarked mansion. A seventh, entirely new construction, known as the Sugar Hill Project, is in development to provide 124 apartments, an early childhood center and a Children’s Museum of Art & Storytelling. Review the website at www.broadwayhousing.org for more information.