City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Residential Maintenance Director.
- Director of Housing Development
- Clinical Social Workers (LMSW/LCSW)
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
- Tackling Poverty: A Local & National Agenda (Manhattan)
World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA)
WSPA USA seeks a proactive digital manager to execute on WSPA's global digital communications strategy. Collaborating with WSPA International's digital team in London, s/he supports the overall goal of building WSPA's online presence and effectively communicating with key audiences. The U.S. digital manager is responsible for creatively and proactively enhancing and maintaining WSPA USA's website and microsites; creating and editing WSPA's digital and video materials; identifying web optimization opportunities; and coordinating all e-communications to our U.S. digital supporter base. With a web strategy that has fundraising as a priority, s/he collaborates closely with the U.S. fundraising and campaigns departments to design, coordinate and execute their digital needs.
Reporting to: U.S. Communications Manager
• With direction from U.S. Communications Manager, develop and execute WSPA USA’s innovative digital concepts and strategies, as well as functional plans for digital platforms
• Responsible for all WSPA USA digital assets
o Coordinate U.S. involvement in all new International digital initiatives
o Liaise with the International team to obtain digital elements for new and existing WSPA campaigns
o Manage the U.S. website development / e-communications calendar, coordinating across all departments
o Manage all third-party vendors for digital needs
• Lead creative efforts across all WSPA USA’s digital communications
o Regularly create new online visuals in order to keep WSPA USA websites, e-communications and social media channels fresh and engaging
o Proactively identify ways in which WSPA USA can incorporate multimedia into fundraising, campaigns and communications efforts
• Manage and maintain WSPA USA’s main website and all microsites o Day-to-day, ensure content on all sites is up-to-date, accurate and properly branded
o Proactively identify ways to make sites more interactive and donor-friendly; coordinate with appropriate departments to execute these ideas in a timely manner
o Ensure new web content (web stories, press releases, etc.) is posted in a timely manner
o Design and post new campaigns pages, donation landing pages, online actions and/or microsites, as needed; monitor and report on user / supporter engagement
o Maintain keywords on existing and new website content for search engine optimization
• In partnership with Director of Development and Communications Manager, manage all WSPA USA e-communications
o Create the layouts for all e-communications and obtain text from appropriate departments
o Execute delivery of all e-communications, including monthly e-newsletters, action alerts, e-appeals and news alerts
o Provide guidance and oversight on department-specific mass emails (welcome emails to new donors, emails to partners, etc.)
o Oversee maintenance of email lists and ensure all advocacy lists are uploaded into our e-communications database and welcomed
• Manage digital budget; coordinate all expenses and invoicing with vendors
• Train additional WSPA employees in key digital software, depending on their department/needs
• Provide U.S. Communications Manager with monthly performance metrics
• 5+ years experience with website design, digital technology and online marketing
• Must be proficient in HTML, have experience with email software, and be familiar with editing and converting images in Adobe
• Must be able to work as a team, as well as independently
• Must be proactive, well-organized and able to multitask
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects from start to finish, including ongoing analysis of impact and results
• Experience in Tridion, Engaging Networks, Capitol Advantage and/or Exact Target is a plus
• Demonstrated ability to write compellingly for the web, social networks and other digital media is required
• Bachelor’s Degree required
How TO APPLY:
Candidates wishing to be considered in the first round please send a cover letter including salary requirements and resume to: email@example.com. For consideration HR2-IWM must be in the subject line.
Applications submitted without salary requirements will not be considered.
The World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA) has an ambitious strategy to create a world where animal welfare matters and animal cruelty has ended – and we are seeking talented and passionate individuals to join our team and help us reach this goal.
WSPA is the world’s largest international animal welfare organization and continuing to grow. Across our 15 offices, we are developing programs and launching campaigns that will improve the lives of millions of animals.
WSPA employs 300+ people worldwide and partners with more than 100 local organizations. With consultative status at the United Nations, we have a unique perspective– grounded in science and results-driven, WSPA connects animal welfare with sustainable development and is focused on delivering truly sustainable practical and policy solutions.