City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Event Coordinator Intern
City Limits, New York City's largest non-profit media organization, is seeking internship candidates to help support its upcoming panel discussion and networking event program, Tackling Poverty, as well as for future events and engagements that City Limits is organizing for the Fall 2012 and Spring 2013 seasons.
As an event coordinator intern, selected candidates would be responsible for:
* Conducting promotional outreach to community organizations and civic- minded influentials around attending and partnering with City Limits for upcoming events.
* Identifying sponsorship and promotional partnership opportunities for upcoming City Limits-organized events.
* Conducting in-person, street-level promotion of City Limits' upcoming event programs at area businesses, community centers, and other public events throughout the five boroughs.
* Assisting with vital logistical and event coordination duties for upcoming City Limits' events and public programs
Selected event coordinator interns must be able to commit to providing 10-15 hours of service on behalf of City Limits, schedules for commitment are flexible.
* Excellent communication and writing skills, as well as comfort with conducting phone and e-mail outreach
* Experience and familiarity with conducting media outreach and social media promotion across established and emerging mediums
* A personable and professional demeanor, both in representing City Limits externally, but also in dealing with internal staff and volunteers.
* Familiarity with both New York City's media landscape, and its wide network of non-profit community organizations is certainly valued as well.
* Enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program at a local New York City educational institution.
* Course credit is available for this internship position
How TO APPLY:
If you are interested in becoming an Event Coordinator Intern for City Limits, please e-mail your cover letter and resume to:
Please send application materials to the attention of:
Nekoro Gomes Community Engagement Manager City Limits
City Limits is a non-profit civic media organization that strengthens awareness and engagement on civic, economic, social, and criminal justice issues in New York City and the national urban agenda. We publish the civic news websites City Limits and The Brooklyn Bureau, and will publish the Bronx News Network this upcoming fall.?