City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Policy Associate for Early Childhood Education and Education
- Policy Associate for Research and Data
- Coalition Coordinator
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds
Historical Landmark church, located in downtown Brooklyn, is seeking a live-in Superintendent to maintain its complex of four historic buildings and a parsonage.
The Superintendent will oversee a small team of custodians. In addition to weekday and evening church activities and rental functions, there is a pre-school for young children on the property that operates during the normal school calendar year (September- May) and a summer camp which operates during June and July.
The superintendent is responsible for establishing and executing the overall preventative and daily maintenance of the Church facilities. In addition, the Superintendent oversees preparation for all church and school services and rental events throughout the year. S/He reports to the Church Administrator. The Superintendent will live in an apartment on the 4th floor of the administration building.
• Demonstrated skill of a general contractor and vendor management. Familiarity with NYC building codes is desirable
• Experience leading a team ( organizing work & schedules, teaching skills)
• Licenses: low pressure boiler, HVAC, interior fire and burglar alarms, video surveillance system
• 3-5 years experience as a building superintendent preferred church or school experience.
• Computer and internet capabilities
• Hands–on capabilities with plumbing, electricity, carpentry
• Record keeping, fiscal management of a budget
5-10 years of combined Building Superintendent, contracting and vendor management experience.
How TO APPLY:
send resumes to aharnell @plymouthchurch.org
Plymouth is a place of sanctuary that inspires people to love God and their neighbor, and motivates people to help repair this broken world. Plymouth welcomes individuals and families wherever they are on their spiritual journey. It is a vibrant place of renewal, where people gather to listen, reflect, learn and grow, through faith, community, and friendship.