City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- SW - Scattered Site (LI) Social Worker
- Analyst (Community Coordinator)
- RESEARCH SCIENTIST // City Research Scientist II
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Consumer & Corp. Marketing Manager, Farm Campaign
World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA)
The World Society for the Protection of Animals is a global animal welfare organization whose vision is to create a world where animal welfare matters and animal cruelty has ended. WSPA is launching a multi-decade campaign to fundamentally transform world farming to end the suffering of farm animals. In the U.S. and Canada our Humane and Sustainable Agriculture campaign will initially focus on the egg industry, encouraging a transition from factory farming to production methods that not only respect animal welfare, but are environmentally-sound and economically-viable, as well.
WSPA seeks a dynamic and energetic Consumer and Corporate Marketing Manager to engage North American food businesses (restaurants, grocery chains, food suppliers) on the issue of switching their egg purchases to cage free.
He/she will be responsible for conducting consumer and market research and developing a compelling business case for procuring cage free eggs. He/she will establish good relationships with key businesses and will engage them in discussions on including good animal welfare in their Corporate Social Responsibility policies. He/she will use their understanding of consumer behaviour and marketing and communications skills to develop and coordinate a WSPA- generated consumer campaign to demonstrate and grow demand for cage free eggs, and will organize an annual public recognition event for businesses that commit to purchasing cage free eggs.
The Consumer and Corporate Marketing manager will work closely with the U.S. and Canadian Humane and Sustainable Agriculture Campaign Managers.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related discipline
• 5 – 7 years of relevant professional experience in food business marketing, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) or corporate branding preferably in the retail/food service industry
• Strong proven marketing analytical skills and the ability to build business cases for changing CSR policies and/or sourcing
• Experience marketing specialty products (preferably in the retail/food service industry)
• Experience organizing public recognition/awards events
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with food companies
• Excellent communication skills – written, oral and presentation
The ideal candidate will also have:
• Professional relationships within the U.S. and Canadian food industry
• Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills with the ability to interact effectively with people of diverse cultural and professional backgrounds
• Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics
• Demonstrated project management experience that involves multiple tasks and stakeholders, managing budgets, adhering to a timeline and driving toward results
• Proficiency in Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and web based research skills
How TO APPLY:
Candidates wishing to be considered please send a cover letter including salary requirements and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For consideration WSPA-HR12 must be in the subject line. Position will remain open until filled.
The World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA) has an ambitious strategy to create a world where animal welfare matters and animal cruelty has ended – and we are seeking talented and passionate individuals to join our team and help us reach this goal.
WSPA is the world’s largest international animal welfare organization and continuing to grow. Across our 15 offices, we are developing programs and launching campaigns that will improve the lives of millions of animals.
WSPA employs 300+ people worldwide and partners with more than 100 local organizations. With consultative status at the United Nations, we have a unique perspective– grounded in science and results-driven, WSPA connects animal welfare with sustainable development and is focused on delivering truly sustainable practical and policy solutions.