City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
- Tackling Poverty: A Local & National Agenda (Manhattan)
Director of Operations
South Queens Boys & Girls Club
Oversees Club operations and programs with primary concern for program development and implementation;DYCD, State and Federal Contracts; staff development; supervision of assigned staff; facilites; and budget management.
Key Roles (Essential Job Responsibilities) Proven Leadership Capability
• Oversee the implementation and delivery of operations, programs, and services that facilitate achievement of Youth Development Outcomes. Strategic Planning
• Oversee the identification and evaluation of opportunities to improve program effectiveness on the basis of participation and achievement of stated goals; recommends modifications to improve program performance. Resource Management
• Coordinate agency budget development; monitor and report variances in revenues and expenditures.
• Manages Government and Agency contracts and performance requirements. Experience working with DYCD is a plus.
• Manage administrative and operational processes, overseeing the maintenance and repair of building and equipment.
• Manage performance of assigned staff in achieving goals, providing technical assistance in program design, development, community relations and program operations.
• Plan and implement a staff development and training program.
• Develop collaborative partnerships with other youth serving organizations, members, parents, families and community organizations.
• Support Board Committees, as assigned.
• Participate in activities to maintain good public relations for Club programs, services and activities.
• Responsible for managing human resources programs and systems including recruitment, employee relations, compensation and benefits, training and development. Relationships Internal: Maintains close contact with assigned staff to provide technical assistance in matters of programming and operations; interacts regularly with Chief Professional Officer and as assigned with the Board and its Committees. External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, and others.
*Opportunity to apply for Executive Director position when current Director retires.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
• A minimum of five years’ work experience in non-profit agency operations management and supervision, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Considerable knowledge of: the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures of Boys & Girls Clubs; of the principles and practices of non-profit organizations.
• Demonstrated ability to organize, direct and coordinate operations; in personnel supervision, the recruitment and retention of key personnel; facilities management; and budget management.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, subordinates, Board members, community groups, and other related agencies.
*Salary History is Required.
Experience with the New York City Department of Youth and Community Development a Plus
How TO APPLY:
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com