City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Director of Operations
South Queens Boys & Girls Club
Oversees Club operations and programs with primary concern for program development and implementation;DYCD, State and Federal Contracts; staff development; supervision of assigned staff; facilites; and budget management.
Key Roles (Essential Job Responsibilities) Proven Leadership Capability
• Oversee the implementation and delivery of operations, programs, and services that facilitate achievement of Youth Development Outcomes. Strategic Planning
• Oversee the identification and evaluation of opportunities to improve program effectiveness on the basis of participation and achievement of stated goals; recommends modifications to improve program performance. Resource Management
• Coordinate agency budget development; monitor and report variances in revenues and expenditures.
• Manages Government and Agency contracts and performance requirements. Experience working with DYCD is a plus.
• Manage administrative and operational processes, overseeing the maintenance and repair of building and equipment.
• Manage performance of assigned staff in achieving goals, providing technical assistance in program design, development, community relations and program operations.
• Plan and implement a staff development and training program.
• Develop collaborative partnerships with other youth serving organizations, members, parents, families and community organizations.
• Support Board Committees, as assigned.
• Participate in activities to maintain good public relations for Club programs, services and activities.
• Responsible for managing human resources programs and systems including recruitment, employee relations, compensation and benefits, training and development. Relationships Internal: Maintains close contact with assigned staff to provide technical assistance in matters of programming and operations; interacts regularly with Chief Professional Officer and as assigned with the Board and its Committees. External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, and others.
*Opportunity to apply for Executive Director position when current Director retires.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
• A minimum of five years’ work experience in non-profit agency operations management and supervision, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Considerable knowledge of: the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures of Boys & Girls Clubs; of the principles and practices of non-profit organizations.
• Demonstrated ability to organize, direct and coordinate operations; in personnel supervision, the recruitment and retention of key personnel; facilities management; and budget management.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, subordinates, Board members, community groups, and other related agencies.
*Salary History is Required.
Experience with the New York City Department of Youth and Community Development a Plus
How TO APPLY:
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com