City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Director of Social Services
Founded in 1970, today Palladia, Inc. is one of the largest not-for-profit, multi-service agencies of its kind in New York City. Palladia serves largely urban, poor individuals and families of color and is nationally recognized for its innovative service delivery in the fields of substance abuse, homelessness, HIV, mental illness and trauma, domestic violence, criminal justice services, and family services. We serve approximately 1700 persons per day in 28 distinct human service programs including:
residential substance abuse treatment programs; outpatient and transitional treatment programs; homeless and domestic violence shelters; alternative to incarceration programs; permanent supportive housing programs; and numerous special initiatives and collaborations.
We are currently seeking an experienced Director of Social Services for our Starhill residential drug treatment facility in the Bronx. The qualified candidate will manage the social service team and work with a multidisciplinary staff in this highly structured program that emphasizes personal accountability. S/he will coordinate service delivery to dually diagnosed clients, and will evaluate those services to ensure the highest level of compliance and quality.
In addition, the Director will:
• Develop and implement staff training.
• Lead interdisciplinary case conferences.
• Coordinate service planning and evaluation with the medical clinic.
• Provide individual and group counseling (groups may include Seeking Safety and mental health adjustment)
• Read/sign off on BPS’s and MMS’. Correct diagnoses where appropriate
• Manage a caseload of MICA clients if necessary
• LMSW or LCSW plus minimum 5 years experience with Substance Abuse and Mental Health
• Minimum 3 years supervisory experience
• Current NYS license
• Strong communication skills
• Computer proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook
• Knowledge of AWARDS database
How TO APPLY:
We provide a competitive salary and generous benefits package as well as the opportunity to collaborate and grow with a team of dedicated human services professionals. Please apply online: www.palladiainc.org. EOE.