City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
The Organizer performs a wide range of duties as assigned by the Director of Organizing and these may include some or all of the duties and responsibilities included within the organizer job description. Responsibilities may include organizing, special assignments (special project assistance), community support, and other areas.
In addition, the Organizer will routinely be assigned one or more of the following types of responsibilities:
coordinate canvassing staff
manage local campaigns
coordinate parent-led meetings
Compensation:: $30,000, Health benefits; generous leave policy; and paid holidays.
Equal Opportunity StudentsFirst is an equal opportunity employer. Background and reference checks are conducted on all prospective new hires.
Working Conditions Work is mainly performed in an office environment in a small workstation without an expectation of privacy. Noise levels are usually moderate.
For this position, the following factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
• Fearless passion for transforming and improving public education.
• Proven track record motivating and influencing others and connecting with communities.
• Ability to manage many tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
• Willing and able to work and travel long and irregular hours (weekend and evenings frequently required).
• Demonstrated written and verbal competency in Spanish a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Valid driver’s license.
Organizers must be able to act and organize their time extremely independently while maintaining a close relationship of responsibility to the mission of StudentsFirstNY.
How TO APPLY:
To begin your application, please visit this link and click "apply" at the bottom of the page.