City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
New York City Events Intern
Women in Action Media
Are you an ace event planner with a passion for women and media issues? Do you want to use your skills to help build community among feminist media-makers in NYC? Here's a chance to do just that! We're looking for a Winter/Spring intern to play an integral, hands-on role in the chapter's activities, including the organization of one of WAM!NYC's key annual events, the WAM!NYC conference. Could it be you or someone you know? Specifically, we're looking for someone to:
Duties will include:
- Collaborate with WAM!NYC Board to plan program and invite panelists and speakers
- Design or work with partners to design visual promotional elements for events
-Do outreach to key bloggers, organizations, listings sites, etc to ensure wide promotion of events
- Connect with local businesses for discounts or donations of food
- Connect with local businesses and organizations for raffle prizes
- Create program and other printed materials
- Manage registration
- Manage technical, A/V logistics for presenters
- Organize event-day volunteers
- Take the lead on event-day logistics
- Being highly organized is a must
- Clear and responsive in communication
- Good customer service/people skills/comfortable on phone
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word applications and Google Documents
- Interest in event planning and marketing
- Be able to work independently and be dependable
- Graphic design skills a plus
Good candidates must be willing to commit to 5-10 hours per week, with more during peak times, including time for supervision.
WAM!NYC conference will occur in late March, and hours/week will intensify in the weeks before the event. Fearless in the face of detail. We are not able to offer a stipend but are happy to work with schools to help you earn college credit.
People of all genders, colors, cultures, identities and orientations encouraged to apply.
How TO APPLY:
Mail or email resume and cover letter to: Intern Search Women, Action & the Media 7 Temple Street Cambridge, MA 02139
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: WAM!NYC Intern Search)