City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Senior Consultant – Capacity Building
ABOUT THE POSITION TCC Group is seeking a seasoned, full-time professional to lead the firm's capacity-building work who has extensive experience especially in nonprofit organizational development and capacity-building approaches. This person is to be based in the firm's NYC office and have the flexibility to work on projects across the country. The work will concentrate on providing capacity-building advice and counsel to nonprofits, nonprofit associations/networks and funders, but may include other types of TCC consulting services too -- such as grants management support, strategic planning and evaluation assistance -- for nonprofits as well as funders. We are seeking someone who can not only conduct and manage the client work and TCC team very well, but also has a proven track record in attracting business and a strong reputation of expertise in the capacity-building arena.
The Senior Consultant is a full-time employee who performs professional tasks related to the firm’s services, working closely with other consulting staff in the firm.
• Leading the firm’s PGC work, primarily capacity building and including: - Playing a key leadership role in the development and implementation of marketing strategies, especially related to capacity building. - Bringing business to the firm by identifying prospective clients, overseeing the drafting of proposals, leading sales meetings, and “closing the deal.” - Representing the firm by speaking and serving on panels at conferences and meetings and conducting webinars. - Bringing positive attention to the firm by serving as a “thought leader” in the field by publishing papers, articles, blogs, and books and disseminating knowledge. - Managing the firm’s capacity-building work and team.
• Leading client engagements at all levels. Duties include: - Providing senior-level oversight to projects. - Developing and monitoring project work plans and budgets. - Conducting and documenting interviews. - Overseeing the design of quantitative and qualitative evaluation tools. - Planning and facilitating meetings with boards, staffs, other stakeholders and observers. - Writing and editing client reports. - Preparing and making presentations to clients. - General client relations, including telephone and email communication, and in-person meetings. - Supervising the project work of Consultants, Analysts, and affiliates.
• Supervising, training, and mentoring one or more Consultants, Analysts, Administrative Assistants and/or Interns.
• Assisting with overall management responsibilities for the firm.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND BACKGROUND Education
• Graduate degree in a relevant field.
• A minimum of ten years of relevant professional experience, with a specialty in capacity building for the nonprofit or philanthropic sector.
• Extensive experience and deep expertise in organizational development and capacity-building strategies with nonprofit organizations, associations, and funders.
• Substantive knowledge of key area(s) of public policy and program (e.g., children and youth, community development, the arts) and ability to demonstrate this knowledge.
• At least five years in a supervisory or management role.
• A professional network in the field(s) in which TCC operates.
• Intellectual curiosity, creativity, strategic thinking and a strong desire and capacity for diversity in professional challenges.
• Strong management, supervisory, and mentoring skills.
• Ability to manage and prioritize work in a fast- paced environment.
• Exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
• Excellent public speaking skills.
• Experience in developing and presenting workshops or other training sessions for internal and external audiences.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to be a strong team leader.
• Ability to delegate work appropriately.
• Intermediate to advanced skills in using Microsoft Professional Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint), Internet search engines and databases, and SPSS.
• Willingness and ability to travel for business.
How TO APPLY:
Please send resume and cover letter to: CB - Senior Consultant Search TCC Group 31 West 27th Street, 4th floor New York, NY 10001 Fax: 212-949-1672 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please clearly indicate “CB Senior Consultant Search” in the subject field of your email)
No telephone calls, please.
TCC Group is an equal opportunity employer. For more information on TCC Group, visit http://www.tccgrp.com.