City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Programs Intern (Unpaid)
Single Stop USA
Single Stop USA's Programs Intern will work closely with and support SSUSA's Tax Program Manager. The Programs Intern will help on a wide variety of programmatic and administrative projects. This position also offers excellent opportunities to work with SSUSA's Programs department and gain valuable experience working at a leading national non-profit. The position is unpaid but interested candidates will be encouraged to work for credit. If the candidate is ineligible for coursework credit, they will be eligible for a transportation stipend.
• Compiles and analyze tax preparation data.
• Assists with site visits to NYC tax sites.
• Participates in regular check-in calls with tax preparation grantees.
• Manages the grant disbursement process for tax preparation grantees.
• Creates and maintains files and databases for SSUSA’s Programs department.
• Performs filing duties for operations as needed.
• Supports the Program Manager in scheduling and coordinating interviews, trainings, meetings etc
• Occasionally work on research projects.
• Commitment to Single Stop USA’s mission.
• Current enrollment in a 2-4 year college required.
• 1-2 years of work experience, preferably at a nonprofit or in a related field.
• Entrepreneurial, flexible and ability to be self-guided.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills required.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and complete multiple task requirements simultaneously.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Must have computer software skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
• Strong interest in working for a nonprofit or related field
How TO APPLY:
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Programs Intern (Unpaid)” in the subject line.
Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Candidates are encouraged to apply early.
Single Stop USA is an equal opportunity employer.
OVERVIEW OF SINGLE STOP USA, INC.
Single Stop USA is dedicated to helping low-income individuals and families in America achieve economic security. We do this by providing participants with an innovative package of cost-free, individualized support that incorporates screening for, and access to, critical government resources with all-important financial counseling, tax preparation, and legal assistance.
Single Stop was piloted in 2001 by the Robin Hood Foundation as a New York City-based antipoverty program. As such, the program was designed to work through trusted community-based organizations to help needy individuals and families access public resources set aside to help them build economic security. By 2006, Single Stop was serving more than 70,000 households annually at 59 community partnerships. As a result of this city-wide success, Single Stop USA was established in 2007 with a mandate to expand nationally. This process began in 2009 with the launch of the Community College Initiative. This program targets low-income community college students who struggle to complete the education they need to enter, or advance in, the workforce – a struggle that is primarily due to financial insecurity. To date, Single Stop’s work at eighteen community college campuses in seven states (CA, NM, NY, NJ, FL, LA, MA) is helping vulnerable students overcome obstacles to staying in school, thus increasing their ability to graduate with skills that translate into job/career/entrepreneurial readiness, higher earnings, and financial security.