City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
NARAL Pro-Choice New York
POSITION AVAILABLE: Spring 2013
REPORTS TO: Government Affairs and Advocacy Manager
HOURS: 15-20 hours per week, flexible scheduling available Monday-Friday 10-6.
COMPENSATION: This position is unpaid. NARAL Pro-Choice New York will help secure academic credit if applicable.
SUMMARY: The Political Intern is responsible for supporting NARAL Pro-Choice NY's legislative advocacy strategy to advance reproductive rights in New York State. He or she will also assist in NARAL Pro-Choice NY's preparations for the 2013 elections in New York City and other local races throughout the state.
• Research lawmakers and legislation. Advise NARAL staff on findings.
• Assist in the creation of educational materials for lawmakers.
• Collaborate with other members of the Political and Legislative Affairs team in planning a pro-choice lobby day in Albany.
• Research candidates running in New York City and in local races throughout the state.
• Facilitate the candidate questionnaire process and correspond with campaigns.
• Maintain databases.
• Passion for social justice and reproductive rights.
• A strong interest in the legislative and political processes.
• Eagerness to learn.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Research experience.
• Confidence in using Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel.
• Detail-oriented and organized.
How TO APPLY:
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.