City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Campaign Organizer
- Data and Technology Planning Associate
- Director of Energy and Environmental Programs
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
NARAL Pro-Choice New York
POSITION AVAILABLE: Spring 2013
REPORTS TO: Government Affairs and Advocacy Manager
HOURS: 15-20 hours per week, flexible scheduling available Monday-Friday 10-6.
COMPENSATION: This position is unpaid. NARAL Pro-Choice New York will help secure academic credit if applicable.
SUMMARY: The Political Intern is responsible for supporting NARAL Pro-Choice NY's legislative advocacy strategy to advance reproductive rights in New York State. He or she will also assist in NARAL Pro-Choice NY's preparations for the 2013 elections in New York City and other local races throughout the state.
• Research lawmakers and legislation. Advise NARAL staff on findings.
• Assist in the creation of educational materials for lawmakers.
• Collaborate with other members of the Political and Legislative Affairs team in planning a pro-choice lobby day in Albany.
• Research candidates running in New York City and in local races throughout the state.
• Facilitate the candidate questionnaire process and correspond with campaigns.
• Maintain databases.
• Passion for social justice and reproductive rights.
• A strong interest in the legislative and political processes.
• Eagerness to learn.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Research experience.
• Confidence in using Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel.
• Detail-oriented and organized.
How TO APPLY:
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.