City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Certified Alcohol Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC
Catholic Charities Neighborhood Services, Inc. ("CCNS") is a not-for-profit corporation incorporated in 1947. We are a multi service social service agency with approximately 180 programs and services in Brooklyn and Queens. Among the programs operated by CCNS are day care and head start centers, mental health programs, senior centers, AIDS scattered site housing, prevention programs, residences for the developmentally disabled and a homelessness prevention program.
Our Family Treatment and Rehabilitation Program in Jamaica, NY currently has a Full-Time CASAC vacancy.
We are currently looking for someone with strong verbal and writing skills, substance abuse work experience, good assessment & team player skills, able to make field visits, and has knowledge of child welfare policies and has preventive experience (preferred).
We offer a competitive salary & comprehensive benefit package including pension and health insurance, with generous paid vacation and personal days.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.ccbq.org. EEO/AA
• BA Degree Required.
• CASAC Certification.
• Excellent individual & group counseling services.
• Excellent oral & written communication skills.
• Evening & Saturday Hours required.
• Two years of relevant experience with mental health and/or substance abuse.
• Bilingual with the ability to read, write, & speak in Spanish.
• Ability to use Microsoft Programs (Word, Excel, etc.)
How TO APPLY:
Please send cover letter and resume to Tzelaya@ccbq.org