City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
- Tackling Poverty: A Local & National Agenda (Manhattan)
Lenox Hill Neighborhood House
Our NAEYC-accredited Early Childhood Center provides comprehensive educational and family services to low income children, ages 3-6, and their families. The collaborative program adheres to the Head Start Performance Standards while receiving funding and support from multiple sources including Head Start, ACS Child Care, Universal Pre-K and private sources. The developmentally appropriate curriculum includes art, music, movement, computers and swimming among its enrichments.
Under the direct supervision of the Lead Teacher and Education Director, the Teacher Aide has the following responsibilities:
• Assisting the Head Teacher in creating a warm and stimulating environment for all children and families in his/her classroom. The tone of the classroom should be multicultural and open to all children including those with special needs;
• Participating in planning and implementing a developmentally appropriate and individualized curriculum for all children placed in his/her care. This curriculum should address the child’s physical, emotional, linguistic and cognitive development;
• Interacting with the children both orally and physically in an energetic and responsive manner both in the classroom and in the gym and on the roof;
• Maintaining attendance records and meal counts;
• Attending various forms of team meetings, Neighborhood House staff meetings, workshops and conferences;
• Assist volunteers, including parents, in the classroom;
• Keeping the classroom neat and orderly and reporting safety violations or concerns immediately to supervisors or Administrative Staff;
• Assist in the planning and participating in field trips throughout the community;
• Assist in the coverage of children from other classes when necessary; and;
• Maintain the confidentiality of children, parents, and clients.
1-2 years of college pursuing a degree in Early Childhood and or a Child Associates Degree (CDA). A willingness and commitment to of working with children. Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
How TO APPLY:
Please submit cover letter and resume to: Janette Newman Education Director Lenox Hill Neighborhood House 331 E. 70th Street New York, NY 10021 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lenox Hill Neighborhood House is the oldest and largest social services and educational organization on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. Operating out of multiple East Side sites, we are a vibrant community organization and serve 20,000 people in need each year who live, work or go to school on Manhattan’s East Side and on Roosevelt Island. Our constituents include older adults, homeless and formerly homeless adults, children and families, recent immigrants, disabled persons and thousands more who make up New York City’s wonderful mosaic. We have a 118-year history rich in community activism and innovation, addressing systemic problems such as the lack of affordable housing, the needs of an aging population and the inadequacies of the public education system. Founded in 1894 as a free kindergarten for the children of nearby immigrant factory workers, we remain dedicated to improving the quality of life for all individuals and families in need in our community. Our committed workforce includes 200 staff and 700 additional home attendants. For more information on Lenox Hill Neighborhood House, please visit our website at www.lenoxhill.org.