City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- SW - Scattered Site (LI) Social Worker
- Analyst (Community Coordinator)
- RESEARCH SCIENTIST // City Research Scientist II
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Success Academy Charter Schools
Join our movement
Success Academy Charter Schools is a fast growing not-for-profit Charter Management Organization (CMO) that operates 14 public charter elementary and middle schools throughout New York City (with 6 additional school openings planned for August 2013). Over the next decade, our network will grow to 40 schools that provide a phenomenal K-8 public education to NYC school children. Our dual mission is to:
1. Offer children in New York City an exceptional public education that prepares them to succeed in college and life. 2. Forever alter the educational prospects for all public school children by creating a "tipping point" - moving a nation where educational failure is the norm to a nation that expects high-quality public school options for all children.
We are seeking an ambitious Grants Manager to join our deadline-driven Development team. S/he should have the ability to hit the ground running of a forward driving, entrepreneurial, education reform organization seeking to obliterate the achievement gap in New York City.
• Understand the mission of Success Academy Charter Schools and use that knowledge to determine which grants to pursue and how to draft the message
• Prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals for public, foundation, and corporate grants
• Research new government and private funding prospects including corporations and prepare executives for meetings with key stakeholders
• Identify promising funding sources for specific projects, programs and other needs
• Engage program officers at funding organizations in order to solicit invitations to submit proposals
• Work closely with colleagues to learn about projects that could be funded through grants
• Generate proposals and supporting documents in response to solicitations
• Review and revise the budgets of projects seeking funding
• Maintain close contact with organizations during their review of a submitted grant application
• Maintain and implement funding calendar activities, including cultivation activities
• Ensure compliance with all grant/contract reporting processes
• Cultivate relationships with important stakeholders, foundation officers, and other prospects to visit Success Academy Charter Schools
• Maintain current records in database and paper files, including grant tracking and reporting
Knowledge and Skills
• Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear,structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
• Strong editing skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Knowledge of fundraising information sources
• Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors
• Understanding of basic fundraising techniques and strategies
• Familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; confidence in communicating across a wide variety of platforms, including electronic, written, and in-person solicitations and presentations
• Computer skills - Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Demonstrated track record in the following aspects of nonprofit fundraising: annual planning, major donor fundraising, donor services, foundation, and government grant writing, funding collaborative initiatives, corporate funding, planned giving, and special events management
Our ideal Grants Manager has experience with educational grants, a keen eye for detail and impeccable judgment. S/he has the capability of managing the grant writing process from start to finish.
How TO APPLY:
Please upload a resume and cover letter that outlines how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position at www.successcareers.org. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.