City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Communications and Fundraising Intern
CAE is seeking a skilled and motivated Communications and Fundraising Intern to support the organization's media, social networking, volunteer outreach activities. Because CAE is a small organization, this internship is a great opportunity to work with all staff members and learn about the inner-workings of a not-for profit.
We require 10-15 hours per week, and ask for a minimum commitment of 12 weeks. While this is an unpaid internship, CAE is sometimes able to offer interns free attendance to self-defense, karate, or t'ai chi classes.
The Communications Intern will:
• Foster awareness of CAE’s programs in the community by maintaining mail and email contact with current and prospective students, posting flyers, updating CAE’s social networking profiles (e.g., Facebook) and representing the organization at community events.
• Assist in the promotion and production of the Punch-a-thon, CAE’s largest fundraising event of the year.
• Promote CAE online to increase our space rental program, attract new students, interns and employees and manage volunteers.
• Update and replenish lists of community resources as well as promotional and educational materials used in CAE’s ongoing and short-term classes.
• Provide administrative support such as answering phones, restocking supplies, maintaining the office space, and assisting staff.
o Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with staff and volunteers of diverse backgrounds o Strong attention to detail o Strong sense of organization and ability to create organizational systems o Comfortable making phone calls, answering phone, and promoting a company or organization o Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize work, and meet deadlines o Proficiency with database software and Microsoft applications: Excel and Word are required; knowledge of Quark, Photoshop, and Dreamweaver is a plus. o Outgoing and friendly personality
How TO APPLY:
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Maggie Chesnut at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Center for Anti-violence Education (CAE) is a multi-racial, intergenerational, community-based, nonprofit organization that develops and implements violence prevention programs. CAE’s holistic programs help participants build skills, heal from past abuse, and organize to counter the destructiveness of violence in their lives and communities. Position