City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Justice and Legal
- Education and Academic
- Social Service and Agency
- Advocacy and Community Organizing
- View All Jobs
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Director, Finance + Administration
Resources for Children with Special Needs
The Director of Finance and Administration provides strategic oversight and planning as a member of the RCSN's Management Team. The Director plans, organizes, and directs the overall financial and administrative activities, including human resources. S/he develops and maintains sound financial practices, working with the Executive Director, the Board Budget and Finance Committees, and with the Board of Directors to prepare the annual budget and ensure that the organization operates within budget guidelines and complies with federal and state mandates for 501(c)(3) organizations.
• Provide financial strategic direction as a member of the Management Team
• Create and implement robust financial management and reporting systems
• Develop and ensure legal and regulatory compliance for all financial policies and procedures
• Manage all accounting functions to ensure proper maintenance of systems and appropriate internal controls
• Prepare clear, timely, and accurate financial reports, including to the Executive Director and Board of Directors, as requested
• Oversee and support the annual audit and proper and timely filing of tax returns, maintaining all financial and tax files in accordance with RCSN document retention policies
• Oversee outside payroll company’s preparation of bi-weekly payroll and payroll-related reports, such as quarterly federal and state reports, year- end W-2s, and all required reports to federal and state tax authorities
• Maintain the general ledger, prepare monthly cash flow analyses, and direct cash flow planning to ensure availability of funds
• Monitor the state of RCSN’s assets, analyze financial statements, and pinpoint areas that require attention
• With the Executive Director and Associate Executive Director, evaluate funding opportunities and develop budgets and financial reports for all RCSN grants and contracts
• Work closely and transparently with all external partners including RCSN’s audit firm, banking institutions, vendors, and financial and other consultants
• Facilitate the annual budget planning process and work with the Executive Director and Board Budget and Finance Committees to create, approve, and adopt the annual budget
• Provide staff support to the Board Budget and Finance Committees
Administration + Operations
• Lead all IT functions, including management of outsourced IT vendor and supervision of data management and reporting for the organization
• Manage all insurance needs, including liability, Directors and Officers, and other insurance, as required
• Ensure workplace safety with proper facility management
• Oversee property management, negotiating and managing office leases and service and equipment contracts
• With Executive Director and other staff, develop, negotiate, and manage contracts with contractors, subcontractor agencies, organizations and individuals
• Attend Board meetings and participate in strategic and annual planning
• Renew benefits annually and lead benefit program administration
• Ensure that personnel files are compliance with applicable legal requirements
• Train, supervise, counsel, and evaluate administrative staff, volunteers, and interns
• BA in accounting or finance; advanced degree (MBA and/or CPA) preferred
• Expert understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures and business and administrative practices within nonprofit environments
• 7+ years of progressively responsible experience managing accounting and fiscal systems and reporting in diversely funded nonprofit organizations
• Experience managing and overseeing local, state, and federal government grants and contracts
• Management experience, partnering with senior staff and resulting in the development of a robust financial management system
• Excellent technology skills, including with finance and accounting management software, Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Google Apps for Business (Gmail, Docs/Drive), databases (Salesforce preferred), and mobile tools
• Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills
• Collaborative work style with demonstrated leadership ability in a flexible, team-oriented environment
• Commitment to RCSN’s mission of building positive outcomes for young New Yorkers with disabilities, parent leadership, and self-advocacy skills in youth
How TO APPLY:
Send cover letter, including salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com, with subject line: Director, Finance + Administration. No phone calls, please. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Resources for Children with Special Needs (RCSN) empowers NYC families and youth with the knowledge, confidence, and skills to make informed decisions, effectively access and navigate systems and services, and advocate for themselves and other young people with disabilities and their families. RCSN supports educators, youth workers, and other professionals to partner with families, and to support and promote a family voice in the policy process.
As schools and other public systems become more complex, inequality of outcomes more pronounced, and public dollars more restricted, RCSN is reorganizing to focus on diversifying and growing our programs and funding to make the greatest difference for those who need us, to develop revenue- generating services and programs, and to cultivate the next generation of organizational leadership. Learn more on our website: resourcesnyc.org.
Compensation is competitive, commensurate with experience. RCSN provides a generous benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, and twenty days of paid vacation in addition to paid sick leave and national holidays.
As an equal opportunity employer, RCSN believes that equal opportunity for all employees is important for the continuing success of our organization. In accordance with state and federal law, RCSN’s employment decisions and practices will not be influenced or affected by race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital status, veteran status, disability, age or any other characteristic protected by law.