City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Justice and Legal
- Education and Academic
- Social Service and Agency
- Advocacy and Community Organizing
- View All Jobs
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
- Tackling Poverty: A Local & National Agenda (Manhattan)
Coordinator, Resource Development
Resources for Children with Special Needs
The Resource Development Coordinator has responsibility for hands-on, tactical management of all events and campaigns, overseeing and maintaining the organization-wide fundraising and development database and calendar. This position provides general support for all grant development and reporting, develops funder acknowledgements and donor reports, conducts research, and recommends opportunities for foundation, individual, and public support.
Resource Development Information Management
• Develop and use reports to guide fundraising and outreach activities
• Maintain the integrity of the Salesforce database, including grants, contracts, and donation information
• Ensure comprehensive documentation of contacts with donors and other funders
• Recommend procedures for database-wide maintenance and periodic clean up
• Provide tactical coordination and management of donor cultivation and fundraising events, including annual RCSN Camp Fair, fundraising benefits, symposia, house parties, advisory committee meetings, and other events
• Manage vendor relationships in support of all donor cultivation and fundraising events
• Support email communications and web content management, in collaboration with the Outreach and Communications team
• Manage fundraising appeals, including mailings
• Lead tracking and reporting of all fundraising campaign results
• Monitor government and foundation opportunities and make recommendations regarding potential opportunities
• Research and recommend donor cultivation opportunities, using online and other resources
General Administration and Support
• Maintain and reconcile gift records, generate gift acknowledgements, and prepare reports for donors
• Monitor annual giving commitments of board members and others
• Process approved grants in the Salesforce database, prepare funder acknowledgments, and communicate new grants, renewals, or changes in status of all grants to Finance and Administration team
• Support the development and submission of charity oversight reports, including those for the Better Business Bureau, Charity Navigator, and others
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years hands-on experience with Salesforce or a similar database
• Excellent project management and collaboration skills
• Experience with fundraising and/or online advocacy
• A track record of thinking logically and strategically about the uses of data for organizational purposes
• Skilled at multitasking, prioritizing, and producing accurate data and reports on tight deadlines
• Excellent writing and editing abilities
• Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and a sense of humor
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Google Apps for Business (Gmail, Docs/Drive), databases (Salesforce preferred), and mobile tools
• Commitment to RCSN’s mission of building positive outcomes for young New Yorkers with disabilities, parent leadership, and self-advocacy skills in youth
How TO APPLY:
Send cover letter, including salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com, with subject line: Coordinator, Resource Development. No phone calls, please. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Resources for Children with Special Needs (RCSN) empowers NYC families and youth with the knowledge, confidence, and skills to make informed decisions, effectively access and navigate systems and services, and advocate for themselves and other young people with disabilities and their families. RCSN supports educators, youth workers, and other professionals to partner with families, and to support and promote a family voice in the policy process. Learn more on our website: resourcesnyc.org.
Compensation is competitive, commensurate with experience. RCSN provides a generous benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, and twenty days of paid vacation in addition to paid sick leave and national holidays.
As an equal opportunity employer, RCSN believes that equal opportunity for all employees is important for the continuing success of our organization. In accordance with state and federal law, RCSN’s employment decisions and practices will not be influenced or affected by race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital status, veteran status, disability, age or any other characteristic protected by law.