City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Arts, Media, and Culture
- Health and Environment
- Advocacy and Community Organizing
- View All Jobs
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Category Marketing Manager; Humane and Sustainable
World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA)
WSPA - the World Society for the Protection of Animals - is launching a multi-decade campaign to fundamentally transform world farming to end the suffering of farm animals. Our Humane and Sustainable Agriculture campaign will initially focus on the egg industry in the U.S. and Canada, encouraging a transition from factory farming to production methods that not only respect animal welfare, but are also environmentally sound and economically viable.
WSPA seeks a dynamic and energetic Category Marketing Manager to research, gather, and synthesize information regarding both the supply and demand of cage free eggs.
Primary elements of this effort will include:
• Messaging the impact of the increasing popularity of cage free eggs to companies at various stages of the supply chain, including producers, restaurant groups, and grocery retailers.
• Utilizing an understanding of consumer behavior, as well as marketing and communications skills, in order to develop and coordinate a WSPA-generated consumer campaign to demonstrate and grow demand for cage-free eggs.
• Market an annual public recognition event to the food industry, recognizing businesses that commit to purchasing cage free eggs.
The Category Marketing Manager will work closely with the U.S. and Canadian Humane and Sustainable Agriculture Campaign Managers.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or a related discipline.
• 5 - 7 years of relevant professional experience in food business marketing, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) or corporate branding, preferably in the retail sector of the food service industry.
• Strong marketing analytical skills.
• Experience marketing specialty products, preferably in the retail sector of the food service industry.
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with food companies
• Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics
• Excellent communication skills; written, oral and presentation.
• Professional relationships within the U.S. and Canadian food industry.
• Experience organizing public recognition/awards events.
• Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills with the ability to interact effectively with people of diverse cultural and professional backgrounds
• Demonstrated project management experience that involves multiple tasks and stakeholders, managing budgets, adhering to a timeline and driving toward results
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and web-based research skills.
How TO APPLY:
This is a full time, New York City-based position. Salary is commensurate with candidate’s experience and this position includes generous benefits offered to full-time WSPA employees. Candidates wishing to be considered please send a cover letter including salary requirements and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For consideration HR106-CMM must be in the subject line. Position will remain open until filled. WSPA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.
The World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA) has an ambitious strategy to create a world where animal welfare matters and animal cruelty has ended – and we are seeking talented and passionate individuals to join our team and help us reach this goal.
WSPA is the world’s largest international animal welfare organization and continuing to grow. Across our 15 offices, we are developing programs and launching campaigns that will improve the lives of millions of animals.
WSPA employs 300+ people worldwide and partners with more than 100 local organizations. With consultative status at the United Nations, we have a unique perspective– grounded in science and results-driven, WSPA connects animal welfare with sustainable development and is focused on delivering truly sustainable practical and policy solutions.