City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Adm
Lenox Hill Neighborhood House
We are seeking to fill the position of Part-Time English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Administrator. The ESOL Administrator will ensure the provision of excellent ESOL classes for adults and maximize the number of students who benefit from such classes. The ESOL Administrator will oversee the day-to-day operations of the ESOL program, recruit and enroll students in classes, maintain program documentation and provide expertise on effective ESOL teaching methods to a small group of volunteer ESOL instructors.
Hours & Pay Rate
Ten to twenty hours per week for six months starting immediately.
$25 per hour.
• Recruit, screen, evaluate and register students eligible for ESOL service.
• Administer and interpret BEST Plus test.
• Maintain documentation of evaluation, ongoing instructional programs, student progress and communications.
• Report attendance, test scores and outcomes as requested by funders.
• Prepare reports and collect data as requested by supervisor.
• Track student outcomes; provide follow up services for documentation of outcomes.
• Develop and evaluate appropriate instructional materials.
• Provide technical support and coaching to volunteer ESOL instructors on ways to effectively teach adult second language learners.
• Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of two year’s experience in adult education, certification in ESL preferred.
• Experience in administering BEST Plus testing.
• Microsoft Office proficiency with a strong command of Excel.
• Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
How TO APPLY:
To apply for this position please send a cover letter & resume to PTESOL@lenoxhill.org.
Lenox Hill Neighborhood House, widely recognized as one of New York’s premier human services providers, is a 118-year-old settlement house that provides an extensive array of effective and integrated evidence-based programs—social, educational, legal, housing health, mental health and fitness—which significantly improve the lives of 20,000 people in need each year, ages 3 to 103, on the East Side of Manhattan. Our constituents include older adults, homeless and formerly homeless adults, children and families, recent immigrants, disabled persons and thousands more. Our programs—staffed by social workers, educators, public interest lawyers, case managers, advocates and many others—include a nationally recognized Early Childhood Center, RealArts After School Program and Summer Camp, Women’s Mental Health Shelter, permanent supportive housing residence, two Senior Centers, transportation program for frail seniors, Food Services, Legal Advocacy Department, Visual and Performing Arts, Fitness & Aquatics, Adult Education and more. For more information on Lenox Hill Neighborhood House, please visit our website at www.lenoxhill.org or our page on Facebook.