City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
NARAL Pro-Choice NY
POSITION AVAILABLE: Development/Events Intern
REPORTS TO: Development Officer
HOURS: 10-15 hours per week, flexible schedule Monday - Friday between 10am and 6pm
COMPENSATION: This position is unpaid. We will help secure academic credit if applicable. SUMMARY: Development interns will gain insight into every aspect of the organization: assisting with event planning (venue research, creation of materials, procuring goods for gift bags); preparing mail; developing donor communications around media; and researching the background and giving potential of major donors and foundation funders.
• The intern will assist with all aspects of fundraising, including coordinating mailings, donor research and data base entry.
• Assist with cultivation and fundraising events, including tracking RSVPs, creating invite and program materials and troubleshooting on the day of the event.
• Assist the Development department with administrative tasks, such as filing, coordinating travel and online research.
• Work with the finance and membership department on various fundraising campaigns and tracking the results.
• A strong interest in fundraising and event planning
• MS Office computer skills
• Outgoing personality and willingness to pitch in where needed
• Strong personal commitment to a woman’s right to choose
How TO APPLY:
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate the position you are applying for. If applying for more than one, please list your first choice.