City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
NARAL Pro-Choice NY
POSITION AVAILABLE: Development/Events Intern
REPORTS TO: Development Officer
HOURS: 10-15 hours per week, flexible schedule Monday - Friday between 10am and 6pm
COMPENSATION: This position is unpaid. We will help secure academic credit if applicable. SUMMARY: Development interns will gain insight into every aspect of the organization: assisting with event planning (venue research, creation of materials, procuring goods for gift bags); preparing mail; developing donor communications around media; and researching the background and giving potential of major donors and foundation funders.
• The intern will assist with all aspects of fundraising, including coordinating mailings, donor research and data base entry.
• Assist with cultivation and fundraising events, including tracking RSVPs, creating invite and program materials and troubleshooting on the day of the event.
• Assist the Development department with administrative tasks, such as filing, coordinating travel and online research.
• Work with the finance and membership department on various fundraising campaigns and tracking the results.
• A strong interest in fundraising and event planning
• MS Office computer skills
• Outgoing personality and willingness to pitch in where needed
• Strong personal commitment to a woman’s right to choose
How TO APPLY:
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate the position you are applying for. If applying for more than one, please list your first choice.