City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Senior Press Officer
- Deputy Commissioner Bureau of Customer Services
- Facilities Management Coordinator
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Account Directors (Pro-Bono)
The Taproot Foundation is a volunteer organization that builds teams of marketing and creative services, strategy management, human resources, and information technology professionals to work on projects for local nonprofits. An Account Director works with Taproot to oversee of highly skilled professionals who are doing pro bono work to help a local nonprofit increase its impact while gaining visibility in the nonprofit sector.
As a Taproot Foundation volunteer, you will have the chance to work with a local nonprofit organization specializing in one of the following issue areas: Education, Health, Environment, Social Services, and Arts
Taproot lets you "give what you know" so that you can make the strongest impact on your local community while networking and growing professionally. We are currently looking for seasoned marketing executives to join our award-winning pool of professional volunteers.
Technology Account Directors Needed The Taproot Foundation is currently recruiting Account Directors for our Salesforce Database and Website projects.
• The Account Directors on our Salesforce Database projects have significant experience managing data migration projects, and feel comfortable discussing technical issues with software developers and systems analysts. They are the most senior Service Grant volunteer. The Account Director ensures that the nonprofit is ready to begin a project, helps to negotiate project issues such as scope or timelines, pre-sells deliverables, coaches the nonprofit's Executive Director on possible internal political challenges, and ensures that the nonprofit is both upholding their responsibilities and ultimately pleased with the project. With the Taproot Foundation team, the Account Director makes final staffing decisions, and through periodic check-ins with Taproot Foundation Program Managers they review deliverables for quality and coach the Project Managers. The Account Directors should also have and experience with CRM (experience with Salesforce is a plus).
• The Account Directors on our Website projects have significant experience managing website design projects and have exposure to a variety of design tools (Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress, etc.) and CMS concepts. They should feel comfortable discussing these with both Web Developers and the nonprofit's Executive Director. The Account Director is the most senior Service Grant volunteer. The Account Director ensures that the nonprofit client is ready to begin a project, negotiate project issues such as scope or timelines, pre-sells deliverables, coaches the nonprofit's Executive Director on possible internal political challenges, and ensures that the nonprofit grantee is both upholding their responsibilities and ultimately pleased with the project. With the Taproot Foundation team, the Account Director makes final staffing decisions, reviews deliverables for quality and coaches the Project Managers.
Each Taproot Foundation project lasts 5-6 months with volunteers committing 3 - 5 hours of their time each week, often virtually. This opportunity is flexible enough to work around the schedule of your full-time job. Questions about becoming a pro bono consultant? Visit our new FAQ page: http://www.taprootfoundation.org/do-probono/individuals/faq/50
How TO APPLY:
If you are interested in learning more about these two positions, and fill out an online profile, please feel free to visit us at http://www.taprootfoundation.org/do-probono/individuals/apply