City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Executive Director
- Mental Health Clinician & Informatics Specialist
- Legislative/Policy Director (Full Time Position)
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Coordinator, Volunteer Workers
Housing Works Bookstore Café, a non-profit bookstore and café in New York City, seeks a dedicated and self-motivated individual with bookstore experience for a fulltime position (40 hours per week).
Housing Works Bookstore Café sells donated books, CDs and records, new and used, all at discounted prices. Proceeds from these sales go towards support of Housing Works Inc., a non-profit service agency that provides housing, healthcare, job placement, advocacy, and more to homeless New Yorkers living with HIV and AIDS.
Manage volunteer recruitment, intake, scheduling, communication, retention, and appreciation events for bookstore, café, online sales, and event volunteers. Work on the bookstore floor a minimum of 3 shifts/wk. Responsible for opening and closing store (when relevant), reconciling cash drawers, coordinating volunteers, receiving donations and deliveries, setting up/running/breaking down events, and overseeing a specific set of sections. Provide excellent customer service. Other tasks as directed by Director of Retail Operations.
1. Retail bookstore merchandising experience 2. Knowledge of merchandise sold and customer base 3. Strong verbal and written communication and prioritization skills required 4. Supervisory experience preferred 5. Nonprofit or activism experience preferred
Ability to work effectively with other staff to supervise a large volunteer base Ability to effectively communicate the goals of Housing Works' mission to customers and volunteers Ability to think creatively, problem solve, and maintain a whole-store philosophy
Hours/Days Full time position, nights and weekends required Full health and dental benefits, generous paid time off
How TO APPLY:
Salary based on Experience.
How to apply: copy and paste link to your browser- https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=3392271