City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Managing Director for Access Services
Manhattan Neighborhood Network
Manhattan Neighborhood Network is seeking a dynamic and experienced media innovator to lead MNN's expansion into a new era of HD and on-line digital media learning, production and distribution. With seven studios in two locations, an education program that graduates more than 600 individuals annually, an active producer core of 1,200 Manhattan residents, and cablecasting more than 13,000 hours of original, locally-produced content every year, MNN's Managing Director for Access Services will have a unique opportunity to build and shape the future of community media in New York City and nationally. MNN's Managing Director for Access Services will be responsible for rolling out up to five new MNN cablecast channels and online video programs focused on local issues and aimed at informing, enriching and inspiring Manhattan neighborhoods and a global audience.
Overall Responsibilities The Managing Director of Access Services is a hands-on senior leader who provides supervision, guidance and vision to management-level staff running the core public access services and programs at MNN, including MNN education programs, facilitation services and the programming for as many as nine cable access channels and video streams:
• Manage and develop high-quality MNN cablecast and on-line community programing consistent with cable TV and video promotion standards and best practices. This includes rolling out new HD and SD cablecast channels and programming a suite of on-line video initiatives and services.
• Supervise MNN’s education and training programs that provide digital media education to more than 1,000 Manhattan residents on annual basis. This includes the ongoing development and evaluation of curriculum and pedagogic practices consistent with current media education standards.
• Ensure effective operation of MNN’s production and facilitation services, including more than a dozen daily productions and some 60 live studio productions per calendar quarter.
• Participate in MNN’s senior management team, including the development and implementation of strategic planning and operational and capital budgets.
• Assure continue feedback and engagement of community producers and viewers within MNN’s access operations.
• Develop and report on operating statistics and oversee MNN’s equipment inventory system.
• Manages and organize MNN training, facilitation and programming staff for peak performance while regularly evaluating performance.
• Work with other departments to promote and complement MNN channels and programs.
Required Education and Experience
• BA or equivalent in broadcasting, media education, radio/TV communications, computer science, or related field, or equivalent. Masters Degree preferred.
• A minimum of 10+ years experience with at least two of the following:
* Staff supervision, managing budgets and team building;
* Video pre- and post-production, studio productions, graphics and remote services;
* Cablecasting and cable channel management, programming and promotion;
* Media education and training programs.
• A proven ability to develop projects in partnership with diverse groups, such as non-profit and community-based organizations, schools, local officials, and diverse and/or new immigrant populations.
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Knowledge of computer operations, multi-media, content management systems, new media and emerging technologies. Other Job Requirements
• Commitment to the mission and goals of community media.
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to organize and present ideas clearly and persuasively, and communicate effectively with a diverse staff and public.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain composure under stressful situations and make clear judgment calls.
• Initiative in solving problems and capacity to troubleshoot and make recommendations.
• Good judgment and discretion to represent MNN in a highly professional manner.
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential materials and communications.
• Bi-lingual, Spanish/English a plus. Compensation Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
How TO APPLY:
Application deadline is January 15, 2013. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In cover letter, please address the following: 1) Why are you interested in the position? 2) What key developments to you see as critical in impacting the future media landscape? Nonresponsive applications will not be considered. Due to the volume of applications, MNN may not be able to respond individually to each applicant. MNN will contact candidates for interviews on a rolling basis.
About MNN Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN) is dedicated to the exercise of First Amendment rights through moving image media and creates opportunities for communication, education, artistic expression and other non-commercial uses of its facilities. Founded in 1992, MNN administers four Public Access channels on the RCN, Time Warner Cable and Verizon FiOS cable systems reaching 620,000 Manhattan cable subscribers, streams programs on the Internet reaching global audiences, and offers training in video production, editing, and broadcasting to Manhattan residents who wish to become certified producers for MNN. Manhattan Neighborhood Network is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.