City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
The Service Employees International Union Local 32BJ is looking for seasoned researchers that have experience in the labor movement, community organizing, journalism or political work to support the union's security officer and airport service worker organizing campaigns.
The Strategic Campaigns Department plays a vital role in the union's new organizing campaigns by conducting corporate research and developing and implementing strategies and tactics to advance campaign goals. Work includes tracking industry trends and key industry players, performing company and individual research, and leading, developing, and mentoring staff.
About SEIU Local 32BJ The Service Employees International Union Local 32BJ is the nation's largest property service workers union representing more than 120,000 cleaners, doormen, porters, maintenance workers, window cleaners, security officers, superintendents, and theater and stadium workers.
SEIU Local 32BJ members come from 64 different countries and speak 28 different languages, but are united in a single fight for fairness and decency for the region's working families.
Local 32BJ is affiliated with the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), a union that is 2.1 million members strong and growing. It devotes almost half of its budget to organizing - far more than most unions.
Please see http://www.seiu32bj.org for more information about these campaigns and the union.
• 2-3 years of relevant work experience
• Strong commitment to progressive social change and activist/labor movement experience
• Solid technical research skills and ability to apply research to development of strategic organizing campaigns
• Familiarity with corporate research, financial analysis, employment law or investigative journalism
• Experience with a variety of computer-based research tools and good quantitative skills
• Excellent writing ability
• Ability to work well under tight deadlines and in a team environment
Spanish, Bengali, Urdu, Hindi, and/or Haitian Creole fluency a plus.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits as well as opportunities for advancement.
Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. Local 32BJ is an equal opportunity employer.
How TO APPLY:
Send a cover letter, a resume, and a brief writing sample to: email@example.com. Please reference where you saw the job posting.