City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Ali Forney Center
This position has direct responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the nutritional services of our clients. The Meal Coordinator is responsible for all implementation of food services in the Drop-In Center program including the preparation of attractive, OCSF-approved meals; keeping the kitchen clean and sanitary according to Health Department ordinances; and maintaining adequate food, supplies, and nutrition records. In addition the cook must adhere to proper portion controls as stipulated by OCSF and DYCD.
• Understands and uses nutritional needs to prepare meals in accordance with USDA, OCSF, and DYCD guidelines
• Understands and strictly adheres to health, safety, food handling and sanitation requirements before, during and after meal preparation.
• Plan and participate in nutritious cooking activities with clients, including running nutritional, cooking and/or baking groups with clients.
• Maintain nutrition record-keeping and reporting.
• Maintain requisition of food, household supplies and inventory control of the same.
• Review food and supplies order sheets
• Ensure proper storage of all foods, fresh, frozen or prepared.
• Monitor and maintain proper food temperatures.
• Maintain kitchen dining room, food closets, freezers, refrigerators and other food preparation areas clean and sanitary.
• Maintain and be aware of client allergies and concerns.
• Serve and clean up after meals.
• Ensure for the safe locked storage of all dangerous utensils, knives and chemical or cleaning supplies at all times.
• Planning and preparation of all meals to be served easily in one's absence, including weekends, holidays and scheduled time off.
HS Diploma or GED; food handler license. Experience working with homeless youth. Ability to plan and cook nutritious meals for a large number of people. A background understanding of the use of commercial kitchen equipment.
How TO APPLY:
Interested applicants may email resumes and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.