City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Economic and Business
- Housing, Urban Planning, Real Estate
- Social Service and Agency
- Advocacy and Community Organizing
- Board of Directors
- View All Jobs
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Accounting Manager CPA
Management of the daily operations of Finance Department. Assists in the preparation of department and division budgets. Directs monthly closing, account reconciliation and preparation of financial statements, Develop accounting policies and procedures. Supervises exempt and non-exempt accounting staff of the Finance Department. Responsible for directing and coordinating the work of a number of accounting personnel in all aspects of accounting (accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and financial reporting).
• Directs day to day accounting functions which include real estate, investments, financial reporting, general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll. Provides management, motivation, training, and performance evaluations to existing staff.
• Oversees the monthly closing and preparation of financial reports and year-end financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Primary liaison with all external regulatory agencies and external audit firms.
• Monitors and reports financial performance of departments and divisions.
• Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies reporting requirements, including but not limited to the IRS and Department of Labor.
• Proactively seeks opportunities to improve and streamline general accounting processes and procedures.
• Reviews Expense requests against approved budgets and ensures proper coding. Reviews
• Monitors daily cash flow.
• Performs other duties as required.
• CPA required.
• Hands on working knowledge of Sage MIP or similar accounting systems, and Microsoft Office.
• Strong supervisory / leadership skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Team orientation with a strong emphasis on providing quality service to the operational departments.
• Familiarity with tax laws.
• Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work and interact with departments and divisions throughout the organization.
• Ability to learn regulatory reporting requirements of the IRS and DOL.Connection with union mission preferred.
• Some travel required.
How TO APPLY:
Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Accounting Manager" on the subject line.”
UNITE HERE represents workers throughout the U.S. and Canada who work in the hotel, gaming, food service, manufacturing, textile, distribution, laundry, and airport industries.
UNITE HERE boasts a diverse membership, comprising workers from many immigrant communities as well as high percentages of African-American, Latino, and Asian-American workers. The majority of UNITE HERE members are women.
Through organizing, UNITE HERE members have made apparel jobs in the South, hotel housekeeping jobs in cities across North America, and hundreds of thousands of other traditionally low-wage jobs into good, family-sustaining, middle class jobs.