City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
- Tackling Poverty: A Local & National Agenda (Manhattan)
Trac Health & Safety Quality Improvement Assistant
Reporting to the Director of Immigration Services, the Health & Safety Quality Improvement Assistant will carry out monitoring and other related quality improvement activities to ensure that the agency IS Department is meeting best practice standards and is in compliance with related licensing, regulatory and accreditation requirements including safety codes, rules and regulations. Must be able to work with various levels of staff across the organization, is detailed oriented, has honed communication skills (oral, written), comfortable making platform presentations to groups/committees and is computer savvy.
• Knowledgeable concerning the content of the ORR/DUCS Policy and Procedures Manual.
• Develop a working knowledge of Council on Accreditation (COA) standards related to Performance and Quality Improvement, Risk Prevention and Management, Behavior Support and Management and Administrative Service Environment Standards. Assist with the preparation for agency COA re-accreditation, as needed.
• Ensure UAC’s Evacuation Plan, Health and Safety Policies/ Procedures are current and assist with revisions, as needed.
• Assist Department Head with revisions or development of Program Specific Policy Manuals, as needed.
• Attend and participate in monthly agency Health, Safety & Wellness Committee Meetings. Record and distribute minutes. Ensure committee recommendations that pertains to UAC are addressed and if not, immediately inform appropriate supervisor for resolution.
• Monitor required Corrective Action Plans related to health and safety issues to ensure they are complete and submitted on time. Work with the IS Assistant Vice President agency’s, Compliance Officer and Director of Operations as needed to accomplish this task.
• Assist in the preparation of the quarterly Dashboard of Potential Risks document.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Related experience in agency accreditation processes, licensing and facility inspection, life safety codes, rules and regulations oversight preferred.
• Ability to work as a member of a team, flexibility and willingness to learn.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Well organized, able to meet deadlines and manage successfully multiple assignments at the same time.
• Computer skills at an extremely proficient level.
• Familiarity with quality improvement, data collection, analysis and presentation of such information.
• Fluent in English and Spanish
• Successful completion of CVOT.
OSHA Standards Training, as determined by the Agency:
• Every Two Years: Health Issues, HIV & Safety.
• Every Three Years: Clients Rights.
How TO APPLY:
We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, 401(k) plan after one year of employment, vacation, sick days, daycare, and excellent training. EOE.
Apply online at: www.childrensvillage.org or call for more information 914-693-0600 ext 1596.