City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Arts, Media, and Culture
- Interns and Student Internships
- Advocacy and Community Organizing
- View All Jobs
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
- Tackling Poverty: A Local & National Agenda (Manhattan)
Fundraising & Development Intern
City Limits, a non-profit investigative news organization, seeks an intern to assist and lead our fundraising, development and membership support projects.
This is a great opportunity to work hands-on with the organization's leadership, while building your understanding of the philanthropic, non-profit, public affairs, and emerging non-profit media models. Intern must be able to commit at least 10-15 hours a week.
This is an unpaid internship, but selected candidates will gain first-hand, real-world experience on the responsibilities involved with managing in both the non-profit and digital media sectors.
* Researching and maintaining a database of pending deadlines for foundation and community-based grants
* Working with our community engagement and editorial teams to identify funding opportunities for projects
* Assisting with our grant writing and funder outreach efforts
* Helping to shape and manage our online individual donor system and campaigns
Ideal candidates should have exceptional writing and communications skills and be comfortable with conducting online research to identify possible funding opportunities.
Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office systems, especially Excel and Access is required, and basic familiarity with other database and donor management systems is vital. An understanding of how online grassroots fundraising works is also very important.
An ability to identify and take the initiative on self-directed projects is highly preferred, as is a desire to learn more about New York City's non-profit, media, and philanthropy sectors.
How TO APPLY:
E-Mail a resume and cover letter outlining your educational and professional experience, and your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
City Limits is a New York City-based non-profit that strengthens community engagement on civic, economic, and social justice issues. Through our sites CityLimits.org, BkBureau.org, and BxNN.org and convenings—including the Tackling Poverty Series—we connect people and organizations to news, resources and opportunities.