City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Event Coordinator Intern
City Limits, New York City's largest non-profit news website and the online publisher of CityLimits.org, BkBureau.org, and the Bronx News Network, seeks an Event Coordinator Intern to help oversee our growing roster of public programs and events.
This is an unpaid internship, but selected candidates will gain first-hand, real-world experience on the responsibilities involved with managing in both the non-profit and digital media sectors.
* Selected candidates would be responsible for conducting outreach to area community organizations, non-profits, advocacy groups, and small businesses to identify and establish optimal partnership opportunities around upcoming events.
* Assist with social media and online marketing of City Limits-sponsored events to the general public
* Represent City Limits at in-person events, and handle vital grassroots marketing of upcoming events and public programs in New York City neighborhoods and communities.
* Assist with implementing the media outreach strategy for City Limits events to area news outlets.
* Helping to shape and pitch public program concepts capable of engaging New York City's civic-minded audiences.
Intern must be able to commit at least 10-15 hours a week.
Ideal candidates should have exceptional writing and communications skills and be comfortable with representing City Limits via phone outreach or in-person at live events.
Have a passion for event marketing and public relations
A willingness to think out-of-the-box in identifying partnership and promotional opportunities capable of expanding the reach of City Limits news and information via its public programming.
Familiarity with basic Microsoft Office tools, as well as social media savvy that goes beyond Facebook and Twitter marketing is highly preferred, as is a passion for New York City's non-profit and public sectors.
Bi-lingual Spanish speaking skills is preferred
How TO APPLY:
E-mail your resume, cover letter detailing your interest in applying for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
City Limits is a New York City-based non-profit that strengthens community engagement on civic, economic, and social justice issues. Through our sites CityLimits.org, BkBureau.org, and BxNN.org and convenings—including the Tackling Poverty Series—we connect people and organizations to news, resources and opportunities.