City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Assistance Needed for Sandy Relief Efforts
- Fair Workweek Campaign Coordinator
- Program Director- Manhattan
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Resources For Children With Special Needs, Inc.
This is a job for someone who loves to manage projects and data and wants to be an integral part of how fund development really works. The Development Coordinator runs and maintains three critical parts of the RCSN fund development machine: the database, the grants management process, and events support. The database includes all events and campaigns, and requires meticulous oversight, as well the capacity to interpret data and create meaningful reports for staff, board members, and donors. The development coordinator provides general support for all grant development and reporting, funder acknowledgement and donor reports, research, and the recommendation of opportunities for foundation, individual, and public support. It's investigative and data-based research with a highly compelling story that absolutely works. Events support includes the production and execution of donor and cultivation events to engage current and future supporters. This position will be directly responsible for creating new systems and processes to make RCSN development more effective and grow the organization. This is a new position.
Resource Development Information Management
• Develop and use reports to guide fundraising and outreach activities
• Maintain the integrity of the Salesforce database (www.salesforce.com, check it out if you don’t know it already), including grants, contracts, and donation information
• Ensure comprehensive documentation of contacts with donors and other funders
• Coordinate database maintenance and periodic clean up Special Events
• Provide tactical coordination and management of donor cultivation and fundraising events, including fundraising benefits, symposia, house parties, advisory committee meetings, the annual Camp Fair, and other events
• Manage vendor relationships in support of all donor cultivation and fundraising events
• Drive the event planning and execution process with full support of RCSN staff Communications
• Support email communications and web content management, in collaboration with the Outreach and Communications team
• Manage fundraising appeals, including mailings
• Lead tracking and reporting of all fundraising campaign results Research
• Monitor government and foundation opportunities and make recommendations regarding potential opportunities
• Research and recommend donor cultivation opportunities, using online and other resources General Administration and Support
• Maintain and reconcile gift records, generate gift acknowledgements, and prepare reports for donors
• Monitor annual giving commitments of board members and others
• Process approved grants in the Salesforce database, prepare funder acknowledgments, and communicate new grants, renewals, or changes in status of all grants to Finance and Administration team
• Support the development and submission of charity oversight reports, including those for the Better Business Bureau, Charity Navigator, and others
• Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years hands-on experience with Salesforce or a similar database
• Excellent project management and collaboration skills
• Experience with fundraising and/or online advocacy
• A track record of thinking logically and strategically about the uses of data for organizational purposes
• Skilled at multitasking, prioritizing, and producing accurate data and reports on tight deadlines
• Excellent writing and editing abilities
• Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and a sense of humor
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Apps for Business, databases (Salesforce preferred), and mobile tools
• Demonstrated commitment to RCSN's mission of building positive outcomes for young New Yorkers with disabilities, parent leadership, and self-advocacy skills in youth
How TO APPLY:
Email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: developmentcoordinator@resourc esnyc.org. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Resources for Children with Special Needs (RCSN) empowers NYC families and youth with the knowledge, confidence, and skills to make informed decisions, effectively access and navigate systems and services, and advocate for themselves and other young people with disabilities and their families. RCSN supports educators, youth workers, and other professionals to partner with families, and to support and promote a family voice in the policy process. Learn more on our website: resourcesnyc.org. As an equal opportunity employer, RCSN believes that equal opportunity for all employees is important for the continuing success of our organization. In accordance with state and federal law, RCSN's employment decisions and practices will not be influenced or affected by race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital status, veteran status, disability, age or any other characteristic protected by law.