City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Executive Director (CFY-NYC)
The CFY-NYC Executive Director is an exciting and entrepreneurial position. His/her primary responsibility will be to lead the deepening of CFY's programmatic approach in New York City with a particular emphasis on resource development - both raising CFY's visibility among prospective funders and cultivating key relationships. CFY- NYC's work has already begun to generate significant attention from influential funders including the Robin Hood Foundation and the Carnegie Corporation of New York. The NYC Executive Director will build on a successful track record of delivering exceptional services in partnership with New York City schools, and drive the evolution of CFY-NYC. Currently the CFY-New York City office has a full-time staff of 20, plus many part-time staffers and volunteers. The Leadership Team (made up of three people; Director of Programs, Director of Development, Director of Connected Foundations and Organizational Development) reports to the ED and oversees much of the day-to-day execution of CFY's programs. The New York City Executive Director will serve as an important member of CFY's overall leadership team and will report directly to CFY's Chief Executive Officer, who will work closely with the Executive Director in refining and executing CFY's strategic plan for the New York City area. Depending on start date, the incoming ED will have the opportunity to overlap with the departing ED.
• Lead CFY-NYC’s fundraising efforts through effective cultivation of foundations, individuals, and corporations with the Director of Development and with strong support from CFY’s National development team
• In partnership with the NYC Leadership Team, motivate and inspire a strong internal team.
• Serve as primary public spokesperson for CFY-NYC and work with CFY’s National communications team and consultants to identify and secure opportunities for raising CFY-NYC’s visibility.
• Manage and expand the local CFY-NYC board of high-profile community leaders to support fundraising, visibility, and programmatic goals.
• In conjunction with the Director of Programs, oversee the implementation of CFY’s Digital Learning Program to ensure high-quality service delivery to the school communities the organization serves.
• Build strong working relationships with key leadership personnel in the New York City Department of Education.
• Collaborate with the Executive Directors of other CFY offices to share best practices and continuously improve the overall effectiveness of CFY’s programs.
• Passion for CFY’s mission.
• Proven ability to raise funds through a range of sources including foundations, individuals, and corporations. Revenue-generating experience with sales to principals or school districts, a plus.
• Experience in and deep understanding of the K-12 education sector. Familiarity with current national trends in digital learning and/or family engagement a plus.
• Strong management skills, including both coaching and inspiring a team of strong performers.
• Self-directed; demonstrated ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial and growth- oriented environment.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write persuasively.
• Exceptional strategic thinking, planning, and management ability.
• Capacity to simultaneously work on multiple tasks and projects and the ability to set priorities for self, team, and peers.
• Bachelor’s degree.
How TO APPLY:
Please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, your current/most recent salary, and how you heard about this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following conventions:
Subject line: CFY-NYC ED
Cover Letter: yourfirstname_yourlastname_cov erletter.doc
Resume: yourfirstname_yourlastname_res ume.doc
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
CFY is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CFY is a national education nonprofit that helps students in low-income communities, together with their teachers and families, harness the power of digital learning to improve educational outcomes.
CFY pursues this mission through the combination of its on-the-ground direct service initiative, the CFY Digital Learning Program, and its groundbreaking K-12 learning platform, PowerMyLearning.com. CFY’s Digital Learning Program is a whole school/community initiative that helps students, teachers, and families in low-income areas fully harness the power of digital learning. The program is designed to drive student engagement, student self- directed learning, and academic achievement. It includes support for school leadership, professional development for educators to help them to adopt blended learning strategies, innovative Family Learning Workshops, and home computer access for families. As part of the Digital Learning Program, CFY leverages its free digital learning platform, PowerMyLearning®, funded by the Gates, Broad, and Kellogg Foundations. CFY’s work was featured in a New York Times article in September 2012.
To date, CFY has served more than 50,000 families from 100 schools nationwide and has demonstrated significant impact on student achievement, student engagement, parental confidence, and broadband adoption.