City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Director of Housing Development
- Clinical Social Workers (LMSW/LCSW)
- Social Worker - LCSW - School Based Manager
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
- Tackling Poverty: A Local & National Agenda (Manhattan)
Employment Specialist (Part time)
Ocean Bay Community Development Corp
Ocean Bay Community Development Corporation (OBCDC) is hiring one (1) new Employment Specialist, (Part time). OBCDC is a non-profit organization serving the residents of the Rockaway's with a particular attention to those residents living in public housing developments, to promote self-sufficiency.
Responsibilities: The Employment Specialist (Part time) will:
• Counsel and prepare clients for job search activities encompassing four services areas of: (1) Pre-employment training (2) Career planning (3) Job placement analysis (4) Employer outreach (5) Job coaching
• Achieve pro-active and productive relationships with multiple employers from multiple industries to ensure quality job referrals for employment opportunities having job retention as a desired outcome
• Maintain documentation and through database management in a timely fashion
• Intermediate skills using MS Office Suite
Qualifications: The Employment Specialist (Part time) will have:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• Minimum 2 years experience in vocational counseling, job development & placement and/or working with Employment and Training Programs. Part-time position. Benefits are not available for this position.
How TO APPLY:
Please send cover letter and resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line: Employment Specialist – Part Time Attn: Director of Programs Ocean Bay Community Development Corporation 434 Beach 54th Street Arverne, New York 11692