City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Employment Specialist (Part time)
Ocean Bay Community Development Corp
Ocean Bay Community Development Corporation (OBCDC) is hiring one (1) new Employment Specialist, (Part time). OBCDC is a non-profit organization serving the residents of the Rockaway's with a particular attention to those residents living in public housing developments, to promote self-sufficiency.
Responsibilities: The Employment Specialist (Part time) will:
• Counsel and prepare clients for job search activities encompassing four services areas of: (1) Pre-employment training (2) Career planning (3) Job placement analysis (4) Employer outreach (5) Job coaching
• Achieve pro-active and productive relationships with multiple employers from multiple industries to ensure quality job referrals for employment opportunities having job retention as a desired outcome
• Maintain documentation and through database management in a timely fashion
• Intermediate skills using MS Office Suite
Qualifications: The Employment Specialist (Part time) will have:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• Minimum 2 years experience in vocational counseling, job development & placement and/or working with Employment and Training Programs. Part-time position. Benefits are not available for this position.
How TO APPLY:
Please send cover letter and resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line: Employment Specialist – Part Time Attn: Director of Programs Ocean Bay Community Development Corporation 434 Beach 54th Street Arverne, New York 11692