City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Special Assistant to the President
Manhattan Borough President's Office
Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer seeks a Special Assistant to be part of his collaborative, energetic and innovative team. Candidates must have excellent organizational skills as well as the ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously. Candidates must be familiar with Manhattan's communities and neighborhoods and be flexible with regard to work schedule. Traveling throughout Manhattan with the Borough President and facilitating his appearances at meetings and events will be a large part of the job.
Major responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to:
• Serve as primary staff member to the Borough President in the office and at events throughout the city;
• Assist with the preparation and execution of the Borough President’s daily work engagements;
• Coordinate staff and drivers to assure successful completion of Borough President events and meetings;
• Manage community-related databases
• Assist in comprehensive planning for community relations and events for the Borough President;
• Manage the Borough President’s correspondence and phone calls; and
• Assist in office-wide initiatives and special projects.
Specific job requirements include:
• Bachelor’s Degree;
• At least two years of public service experience with prior scheduling experience strongly preferred;
• Work well under pressure and deadlines;
• Flexibility with regard to work hours, including weekends;
• Demonstrate strong administrative, planning and time-management skills;
• Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills; and
• Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
How TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume in a word or PDF document by email to email@example.com. New York City residency required within 90 days of appointment.
The Office of the Manhattan Borough President is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Office of the Manhattan Borough President is committed to a diverse workforce, and we seek diversity among applicants for this position. People of color, women, gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender people, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.