City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Service Employees International Union
Job Location: US-NY-New York
Posted Date: 1/18/2013
New York, NY
The Political Department of 32BJ seeks a Policy Analyst to support the legislative and issue-based work of the union.
32BJ's main issues concern responsible economic development; public procurement; energy efficiency and green buildings; employer-based health insurance; immigration reform; workplace standards, such as paid sick days; and supporting workers' rights to organize.
The Analyst will be responsible for:
· Researching policy and legislative issues in 32BJ's multi-state and NY regions
· Drafting of testimony, memos, and position papers
· Meeting with policymakers and other stakeholders
· Advocating for issues and educating officers/members about policy and legislation
· Working with the Director of Policy to plan the long-term agenda for the Union.
Applicants should have:
· A minimum of 3 years of experience in labor, government, non-profits, or other relevant positions that included policy and legislative work
· Strong writing and communication skills
· Experience working successfully with policymakers and government officials/staffs and public policy advocates
· Ability to work under deadline and to work collaboratively with colleagues
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
SEIU Local 32BJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/vnjttxk
How TO APPLY: