City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
- Marketing & Communications Manager
- Paid Investigative Reporting Internships
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English Community Liaison
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Service Employees International Union
Job Location: US-NY-New York
Posted Date: 1/18/2013
New York, NY
The Political Department of 32BJ seeks a Policy Analyst to support the legislative and issue-based work of the union.
32BJ's main issues concern responsible economic development; public procurement; energy efficiency and green buildings; employer-based health insurance; immigration reform; workplace standards, such as paid sick days; and supporting workers' rights to organize.
The Analyst will be responsible for:
· Researching policy and legislative issues in 32BJ's multi-state and NY regions
· Drafting of testimony, memos, and position papers
· Meeting with policymakers and other stakeholders
· Advocating for issues and educating officers/members about policy and legislation
· Working with the Director of Policy to plan the long-term agenda for the Union.
Applicants should have:
· A minimum of 3 years of experience in labor, government, non-profits, or other relevant positions that included policy and legislative work
· Strong writing and communication skills
· Experience working successfully with policymakers and government officials/staffs and public policy advocates
· Ability to work under deadline and to work collaboratively with colleagues
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
SEIU Local 32BJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/vnjttxk
How TO APPLY: