City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Vice President, Family Services and Day Care Divis
- Director of Development
- Construction Superintendent
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
- Tackling Poverty: A Local & National Agenda (Manhattan)
Chief Strategy Officer
Phipps Community Development Corporation
Phipps CDC has developed a Community Impact model to maximize our ability to provide communities with the resources needed to increase opportunities, strengthen neighborhoods and transcend poverty. Key to the model are three core areas that Phipps CDC has identified as the greatest levers to help our communities break the cycle of poverty: Education Achievement, Career Readiness and Community Resources.
In 2011, Phipps CDC launched its Education and Learning Initiative in order to build Education Achievement capacity and improve the overall impact of Phipps CDC's education programming. The Initiative focuses on increasing the quality of services through the creation of a curriculum, assessment tools and a professional development plan that can be tailored to meet the needs of the specific sites and the population being served.
Building on our success with some of the "hardest to place" community members, Phipps CDC is poised to build on best practices and lessons learned within these programs in order to expand our Career Readiness. This expansion will include the development of a standard curriculum combining successful practices with research-based methodology.
Recognizing that the provision of key supports bolsters the ability of community residents to overcome poverty and attain long-term success, Phipps CDC's Community Resources provide a critical link between community members and the services that enable them to thrive. These services, provided within a case management and advocacy framework, have included: benefits screening and access, financial counseling and debt management, affordable health care, free tax preparation, domestic violence counseling, substance abuse programs, and health/mental health services, among others.
The Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) is a newly established senior position responsible for planning, coordinating and overseeing the effective rollout and integration of Phipps CDC's Community Impact model. The CSO will incorporate a systematic, strategic, neighborhood-focused approach with the goal of fundamentally altering the way community stakeholders and constituents operate, and thereby the way they interact with the world beyond. The position requires strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills, the ability to challenge the status quo and drive innovative thinking, and the capacity to successfully implement strategy. This position will work in conjunction with the Executive Director/CEO to drive and influence decision making that will result in both the short- and long-term impact of the organization.
The CSO will lead the internal coordination of services, facilitating the collaboration of several senior staff/divisions and developing external partners. External partnerships will be established based on identified community needs and will be geared toward facilitating the development of protocols to enable seamless internal referrals within Phipps CDC and across organizations. Specifically, the CSO will serve as the primary contact for The Children's Aid Society - a key partner in the initial launch of the model in the Crotona Park area of the South Bronx.
• Build and support mutually beneficial relationships with external partners (including elected officials, funders, partners and development professionals), as well as the establishment of Community Engagement Board that will support the implementation and assessment of the Community Impact model;
• Facilitate the identification and tracking of appropriate benchmarks and milestones to measure progress toward the desired outcomes;
• Work with all departments and all divisions to establish specific plans, deliverables and measurable objectives;
• Work with The Children’s Aid Society – a partner in the launching of the model – to develop strategies for implementation and collaboration;
• Utilize data to support the development and enhancement of innovative programs and services;
• Identify gaps in programming in order to plan future services or additional partners based on the effectiveness of existing programs;
• Assess policy to identify emerging trends in the nonprofit sector;
• Oversee the development of the necessary infrastructure, systems and process - including continuous improvement and training - to support the vision of comprehensive, sustainable community impact;
• Participate in the creation of an agency-wide, centralized data system that will facilitate the tracking of information regarding community members’ demographics, enrollment across multiple programs/services and participation over time;
• Working with the Policy & Evaluation Specialist, identify assessments and other tools to monitor progress;
• Recommend new approaches to support the organization’s mission and goals;
• Implement a comprehensive, integrated, school-based strategy that will change the way educational and social services are delivered to the community;
• Strategically design programs that deliver on the Phipps CDC’s mission to help individuals and families achieve their long-term self-sufficiency;
• Support and/or lead efforts to increase awareness of the Community Impact model, including, but not limited to, fundraising, marketing and policy;
• Provide or support the reporting process for all stakeholders, including funders and partners.
• Demonstrated success developing and monitoring systems to manage both operational and programmatic work involving high levels of collaboration.
• Demonstrated expertise in conceptualizing, developing, implementing and tracking program quality, performance, outcomes and impact.
• A proven leader with a track record of success in leading change and innovation with demonstrated results and strong administrative abilities.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to adapt quickly to change and work within a results-oriented team environment.
• Inspire a shared vision and communicate that vision to the members of the management team.
• Ability to adapt quickly to change and work within a results-oriented environment.
• Master’s degree in a related field strongly preferred, with 5-10 year progressive leadership responsibility required.
• Enthusiasm, creativity, initiative – and a sense of humor are a MUST!
How TO APPLY:
Please forward your resume and cover letter to Meiling Delgado, Special Assistant to the Executive Director/CEO at: firstname.lastname@example.org with Chief Strategy Officer in the subject line.