City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Director – FirstStepNYC Early Education Leadership
- Regional Communications Manager: SOUTHERN REGION
- Program Director
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Director of Development
Tanenbaum Center for Interreligious Understanding
The Director of Development will report to the CEO, and will manage the Development functions at Tanenbaum and coordinate them with leaders of our Program, Finance and Communications departments to assure optimal messaging and outreach to maximize Development results.
The Director of Development must be a hands-on experienced professional, a strategic and a concrete thinker with proven ability to manage a department, implement and evaluate strategies and achieve measurable goals, a highly skilled communicator, with strong project management skills and a successful track record raising funds.
The right candidate will be able to manage and guide Development to achieve departmental goals and optimal functioning and will also understand where and how to coordinate Development initiatives with those of the Communications Department in order to reinforce the public's impression of Tanenbaum's powerful work.
This is an exciting opportunity to grow and diversify a dynamic organization's financial support and to use its core messages to support fund development to proactively address one of the most critical issues of our time.
This is a full-time position at Tanenbaum. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Drive Development at Tanenbaum.
- Supervise Development staff.
- Coordinate with Communications to achieve optimal outreach to donors and prospects.
- Coordinate with Finances on reporting for grants management and restricted funds and to ensure coordination of financial data.
- Coordinate with Programs to identify and support priorities.
- Develop the strategy and annual fundraising plan including monthly deliverables with the CEO and Tanenbaum leadership and subsequently manage, oversee and personally execute, as appropriate and necessary, the implementation of the plan so that Development: - is aligned with programs and program strategies; - achieves defined fund raising goals and other deliverables including: - expanding and diversifying the donor base in all areas, - identifying and researching prospects, - strategizing and planning prospect cultivation, stewardship and all individual and institutional solicitations, - preparing proposals and reports, - managing special events, - optimally utilizing the donor database, current fundraising systems and record keeping procedures, and - increasing bottom-line results from the annual campaign, the major gifts program, institutional giving and the organization's $10 million Fund for the Future endowment and working capital funds.
- Establishing and maintaining strong and effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, Development Committee, other lay leadership committees and staff.
- Maintaining a professional Development department by motivating and training department staff on an ongoing basis.
- Developing an infrastructure and the systems and tools to maintain it.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Tanenbaum. - Graduate degree preferred in Non-profit Management, Fund Development, Marketing, Strategic Communications or other related field. - Five-plus years' experience in management, with a proven track record of effective departmental and project management, and a demonstrated hands-on leadership approach. - Clear understanding of major gifts and donors. - Comfortable developing relationships with individual major donors and key people in foundations and corporations. - Track record in designing and personally implementing fundraising strategies and in raising funds from different categories of donors. - A clear and creative thinker with the ability to identify and implement the steps needed to successfully reach a strategic goal. - Ability to create and execute development plans, and to keep projects moving and on target. - Ability to analyze and present data. - Highly compelling written and oral communication skills. - Strong interpersonal skills a must. - Track record in managing multiple tasks, details and meeting deadlines. - Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated. - Ability to work both independently and collaboratively. - Willing to work evening and weekend hours as appropriate. - Professional presentation. - Strong computer skills with expertise in development technology, word processing, spreadsheets, database entry and management. - An effective public speaker a plus. - Knowledge of communication options a plus (print; electronic, including social media) - Sense of humor.
How TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter, résumé, salary requirements, and two brief writing samples (less than five pages) to email@example.com. Be sure to include the name of the position in the subject line of your email and how you learned of the position. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT SALARY REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
No phone calls, please.
Tanenbaum Center for Interreligious Understanding 254 West 31st Street, 7th floor, New York, NY 10001 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 212-967-9001
The Tanenbaum Center for Interreligious Understanding is a secular organization that promotes mutual respect with practical programs that bridge religious difference and combat prejudice in areas of armed conflict, schools, workplaces and health care settings.