City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Director of Operations
ProCure Cancer Foundation
The ProCure Cancer Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, is seeking a Director of Operations to work closely with its Board of Directors and employees to fulfill and execute the organization's mission of providing financial support to proton radiation therapy patients for the non-medical expenses associated with receiving treatment.
The key responsibilities of the Director of Operations will include, but not be limited to, managing the application and grant disbursement processes, maintaining the donor database, in addition to providing support to the Board of Directors with all fundraising efforts.
This is a part-time position requiring between 15 and 20 hours per week and a 1-year commitment is required.
* Communicate with proton therapy centers’ staff and patients regarding status of application submissions
* Prepare applications for review by Selection Committee
* Conduct monthly Selection Committee Calls and quarterly Board Meetings
* Manage grant disbursements
* Track status of all grant award disbursals, donations and acknowledgement letters
* Maintain online donor and applicant database (eTapestry)
* Collaborate with accounting team to reconcile donations/grants at end of each month
* Manage annual Fall employee fundraiser and assist center staff and Board Members in their respective fundraising activities
* Collaborate with graphic designer to create new fundraising concepts and materials
* Brainstorm new fundraising efforts and ways to increase participation in the “Grateful Patient” program
* Assist Board Members as needed in planning fundraising events
Required Skills and Abilities:
* Bachelor’s degree and minimum of two years of experience, preferably in the non-profit sector
* Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
* Sensitivity and discretion needed when communicating with patients and Patient Services Managers
* Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
* Ability to function in a highly entrepreneurial environment
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
* eTapestry Database experience or knowledge a plus
* Ability to work flexible hours as needed, especially in the fundraising months of September – December
How TO APPLY:
Please send resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com