City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Program Director, Family Reception Center
Good Shepherd Services
The Director is responsible for the planning, implementation, and administration of all services offered by Family Reception Center (FRC), ensuring professionalism and compliance with agency policy and contractual commitments.
• Directly supervise social work supervisory and administrative staff, and oversee supervision of all program staff at FRC; ensure the provision of high-quality counseling and casework services to families, groups, and individuals.
• Develop and implement staff training in collaboration with the Division Director that is conducive to the learning needs of staff and responsive to service delivery and advocacy in the community.
• Implement agency policy and procedures.
• Maintain community outreach in designated community districts in order to enhance services and maintain program utilization.
• Oversee program evaluation and quality improvement activities in coordination with Program Evaluation and Planning (PEP) Department.
• Monitor program budget.
• Serve as a “cultural carrier” for the advancement of the use of Solution-Based Casework (SBC).
• Lead the implementation and integration of the SBC model: assessment, family and individual level outcomes, action plans, and documentation and celebration.
• Provide regular coaching to supervisors to ensure staffs are adhering to the tenets of SBC.
• Participate in continued SBC training, coaching and the SBC certification process.
• Ensure all Administration for Children’s Services (ACS) contract obligations are met.
• Monitor compliance with ACS’ Improved Outcomes for Children (IOC) requirements
• Maintain an accountability system that monitors the program’s compliance with timely FASP submissions, Family Team Conferences, and progress note entries to ensure excellence in meeting these standards.
• Ensure appropriate utilization of state and city databases (Connections and PROMIS), and assist in resource development and networking related to Information Technology (IT).
• Represent agency on relevant internal and external coalitions, committees, and workgroups.
• Ensure physical site is maintained in accordance with agency standards including the coordination of space, administrative, and supervisory coverage.
• Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
• LCSW required.
• Must have 5 years of advanced supervisory experience in a child welfare setting.
• Must be able to work at least one evening per week until 8:30 PM.
• Must have strong administrative and social work skills.
• Must have a commitment to work from a strength based and/or youth development perspective.
Good Shepherd Services has won the Non Profit Excellence Award for Overall Management Excellence given by the New York Times Company! Good Shepherd Services is a non- sectarian, social service and youth development agency which positively affects the lives of more than 18,000 children and families annually. Throughout our history, we have shown leadership in developing effective programs that help New York City's more vulnerable residents gain the support, skills and opportunities necessary for success in life. United by our shared mission and vision, these programs are characterized by a profound respect for the strengths inherent in individuals, families and communities. We provide city-wide residential and foster care services with concentrations in Manhattan, the Bronx and Brooklyn. In addition, we have developed two networks of community- based educational support, youth development, family support, and after school programs, in Brooklyn, primarily in the neighborhoods of Park Slope, Red Hook and Gowanus and in Central Bronx. Through our professional training services, we help to ensure the implementation of best practices in human services agencies across the City.