City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
- Tackling Poverty: A Local & National Agenda (Manhattan)
Data Entry Assistant (Part Time Position)
The Part-Time Data Entry Assistant supports Transportation Alternatives' growing membership program. T.A. is a member-funded non-profit organization, working for better bicycling, walking and public transit in New York City.
The Data Entry Assistant will work under the direct supervision of T.A.'s Membership Coordinator. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working in the Salesforce/Common Ground Enterprise database. This position is ideal for individuals looking for opportunities to gain experience in database management and/or nonprofit management/development.
Process credit card charges in VeriSign
Enter offline gifts into Salesforce in adherence with T.A.'s guidelines
Run and maintain donation clean-up reports in Salesforce
Sort returned mail and reach out to donors to update their contact information
Resolve duplicate contact records
• Experience with Salesforce/Common Ground Enterprise is a plus
• Experience working in a non-profit setting helpful but not required
• Excellent organizational and time- management skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Superior problem- solving skills
• Ability to work independently
• Commitment to making NYC and better place to bike, walk and use public transit
• Comfort working independently in a fast-paced campaign environment
• A good sense of humor Education and Experience:
• High school diploma
• No prior experience required though priority will be given to those with database experience or those currently enrolled as a student in a program relating to database management and/or non-profit management/development
How TO APPLY:
Please send cover letter and resume to : Data Entry Assistant Search job_applications [at] transalt [dot] org
No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
Transportation Alternatives is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, political orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal state or local law.
Transportation Alternatives is a nationally renowned non- profit focused on transportation issues in New York City. Transportation Alternatives boosts a citywide network of tens of thousands of supporters committed to reclaiming New York City’s streets for people by ensuring that every New Yorker has safe space to walk and bike and access to public transportation. Every day, all over the city, we're working to make New York City’s neighborhoods safer and restore a vibrant culture of street life.