City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Educator Outreach Manager
An SFNY Educator Outreach Manager will develop relationships with a broad network of educators, organize educators to lead and support advocacy campaigns and events, and engage educators in developing a strong organizational agenda, which promotes student achievement and opportunity.
• Help the organization build-out its strong base of mission-aligned member educators to serve as advisors and advocates as well as grounding SFNY’s work in the best practices and experience of excellent educators, informing our broader policy agenda.
• Support and expand relationships with school leaders, teachers, and other educators through individual meetings, school visits, and events.
• Collaborate to inform and refine SFNY’s educator and broader member outreach strategy.
• Coordinate and participate in efforts to train and prepare SFNY educator and general member advocates to represent the organization at public events, private meetings, media appearances and the like.
• Identify and recommend social media strategies to engage our network of educators.
• Track and analyze educator membership growth, providing regular updates to SFNY senior leadership team, and revise/refine our outreach strategy accordingly.
• Bachelors degree and at least 2-4 years experience working in education – preferably as an educator.
• Experience working effectively with diverse populations and communities.
• Ability to clearly communicate – in writing and in conversation – complex policy and legislative issues to audiences and constituents of diverse backgrounds, including the organization’s senior management team and board as well as external constituencies.
• Experience desirable but not required with any of the following: Mobilizing volunteers, canvassing for issue or political campaigns and event planning.
Skills & Knowledge Required
• A proven track record of motivating, influencing, and connecting with individuals and communities.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, work within tight deadlines, and prioritize work
• Ability to produce deliverables working in a lean and nimble environment
• Ability to work independently and as a key member of multiple small project teams
• Superior interpersonal and problem- solving skills
• Must be willing and able to work and travel irregular hours (weekend and evenings may be required).
• Ability to speak and/or write in Spanish preferred.
How TO APPLY:
The application process may include a resume review, phone interview, project exercise, and in-person interviews. To be considered for the position, please submit your resume and a cover letter to: http://www.studentsfirst.org/pages/open -jobs?jvi=oTU7WfwA,Job
The StudentsFirstNY team is growing, and we're always looking for talented, passionate people to join us in our fight to protect the interests of children. We are building a grassroots movement of parents, teachers, students, administrators, and concerned citizens who are organized around one purpose: to put laws, policies and leaders in place that will help provide every child in New York with a quality education.
StudentsFirstNY is New York's leading voice for students who depend on public education for the skills they need to succeed, but who are too often failed by a system that puts special interests, rather than the interests of children, first. We believe that the students of New York State and New York City cannot wait one minute more for an end to broken policies that stand in the way of ensuring a quality teacher in every classroom and an end to tired rhetoric that serves only to delay meaningful fixes to the problems in our schools.
At a critical moment in the national debate over education, with dramatic change happening in Albany and coming to City Hall, StudentsFirstNY is bringing together parents, children, educators and political leaders who know that great schools can help students overcome the challenges of poverty - and who together will build a grassroots movement to fight against a failed status quo which, if left unchanged, will ultimately shatter the people's faith in the importance, power and possibility of public education. We will be sophisticated organizers, truth-tellers and advocates who believe in the potential of great schools to alter the course of students' lives, and StudentsFirstNY will work tirelessly to realize that potential at every school, and for every child, in the Empire State. StudentsFirstNY is an affiliate of StudentsFirst, a national organization founded in 2010 by former Washington D.C. Public Schools Chancellor Michelle Rhee.