City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Program Director- Manhattan
- Vice President, Health Homes & Care Coordination
- Director of Student Enrollment - Manhattan
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Sr. Advisor to Commiss. for Child Welfare Practice
NYC Administration for Children's Services (ACS)
NYC Administration for Children’s Services (ACS) is a premier children’s services agency dedicated to ensuring the safety of NYC’s 1.8 million children and strengthening its families.
The Senior Advisor to the Commissioner for Child Welfare Practice will report directly to the Commissioner, and will advise the Commissioner and his leadership team on a number of initiatives that support the priorities of Children's Services’ Strategic Plan.
The Senior Advisor to the Commissioner for Child Welfare Practice will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following projects and initiatives:
- Advise the Commissioner and ACS leadership on the development of opportunities with New York law schools to advance child welfare legal education in New York City and expand upon and foster existing relationships.
- Assist ACS leadership with an analysis and re-design of the current methods by which ACS' Office of Advocacy seeks to provide impartial resolutions to conflicts between ACS clients, ACS staff, and/or provider agencies.
- Collaborate with ACS leadership on program model design and management of implementation issues related to ChildSuccess NYC, a new Family Foster Care model intended to improve stability, enhance well-being, and expedite permanency for children in foster care by linking together evidence-based model components to establish a unique New York City model of foster care.
- Represent the Commissioner and the agency on selected external task forces, committees, and speaking engagements dedicated to child welfare practice issues of significant policy consequence.
- Spearhead planning for special populations and cross-divisional initiatives, as directed by the Commissioner.
The preferred candidate should possess a graduate degree and a significant track record of achievements in the field of child welfare practice and child welfare law encompassing a minimum of fifteen years of experience. Familiarity with the local community of stakeholders in child welfare, juvenile justice, and Family Court is preferred. The ideal candidate will have both research and deep practice experience; and proven abilities in strategic planning, policy and legal analysis, program development, and stakeholder engagement. Excellent written and oral communication and transactional skills are required. The candidate must be capable of exercising discretion and handling sensitive matters, and possess one year of experience at the administrative or management level.
SALARY RANGE: $54,740 - $146,276
FOR CITY TO EMPLOYEES: Apply through Employee Self Serve (ESS). www.nyc.gov/ess>www.nyc.gov/ess, Search for Job ID #: 116875
FOR ALL OTHER APPLICANTS: Go to www.nyc.gov/careers/search>www.nyc.gov/careers/search, Search for Job ID# 116875
ACS is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity.
How TO APPLY:
Go to www.nyc.gov/careers/search, Search for Job ID# 116875