City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Residential Maintenance Director.
- Director of Housing Development
- Clinical Social Workers (LMSW/LCSW)
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
- Tackling Poverty: A Local & National Agenda (Manhattan)
SPECIAL ASST. TO DEPUTY COMMISS. OF COMMUNICATIONS
NYC Administration for Children's Services
SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO THE DEPUTY COMMISSIONER OF COMMUNICATIONS AND COMMUNITY AFFAIRS
NYC Administration for Children’s Services (ACS) is a premier children’s services agency dedicated to ensuring the safety of NYC’s 1.8 million children and strengthening its families.
The Special Assistant to the Deputy Director of Communications and Community Affairs (CCA) will work in the Division of CCA). The Division of CCA serves as the public interface for the agency with the general public, clients and potential clients, stakeholders, elected officials, other City agencies, funders, and the media, while communicating effectively with our own staff.
The Special Assistant will assist in a variety of challenging administrative and program projects within the Division, working with the Deputy Commissioner, Assistant Commissioners and other divisional staff.
Specific duties will include:
• Provide Deputy Commissioner with assistance in current initiatives, project activities and deliverables.
• Perform research relevant to special projects and new initiatives.
• Play an active role in the planning and implementing of long and short term goals for CCA, including coordinating activities and information sharing across the division’s units.
• Conduct appropriate follow-up from meetings and issues that are raised with the Deputy Commissioner
• Coordinate the work of CCA with other ACS divisions and outside stakeholders to meet demands.
• Oversee CCA personnel matters, such as recruitment and staff development.
• Develop and format materials and graphics for presentations and reports.
• Compose meeting agendas and briefing summaries by synopsizing key issues.
• Draft memos and correspondence, and review written material for the Deputy Commissioner.
• Assist with meeting preparation for external and internal meetings and briefings, including meetings with other City agencies and City Hall.
• Attend meetings with the Deputy Commissioner, identify action steps for follow-up and assist staff in post-meeting debriefings and follow-up.
• Manage projects and meetings as needed, and serve as a liaison on certain projects.
• Communicate with a variety of stakeholders, including agency leadership, internal agency customers, and representatives of other City agencies.
• Serve as representative of the Deputy Commissioner at internal meetings as needed.
• Conduct appropriate follow-up of meetings and issues brought to the attention of the Executive Deputy Commissioner and attempt to resolve issues.
• Oversee the appropriate and timely response of written correspondence and inquiries assigned to the Deputy Commissioner.
The preferred candidate should possess the following: Strong organizational skills; ability to communicate tactfully and respectfully with diverse stakeholders, as well as to deliver messages with authority; ability to solve problems and clarify complicated issues through communication; strong written and oral communication and presentation skills; strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Access; ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently to achieve necessary results; capability to prioritize tasks and focus effort on several critical projects at one time. Graduate degree and experience in city administration and/or city government is preferred. The ideal candidate will have proven abilities in strategic planning, problem solving, policy analysis, and project management.
SALARY RANGE: $56,937 - $88,649.
FOR CITY TO EMPLOYEES: Apply through Employee Self Serve (ESS). www.nyc.gov/ess>href="http://www.nyc.gov/ess">www.nyc.gov/ess, Search for Job ID #: 116887.
FOR ALL OTHER APPLICANTS: Go to www.nyc.gov/careers/search>href="http://www.nyc.gov/careers/search">www.nyc.gov/careers/search, Search for Job ID# 116887.
ACS is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity.