City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Executive Director
- Mental Health Clinician & Informatics Specialist
- Legislative/Policy Director (Full Time Position)
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Deputy Communications Director
The Administration for Children's Services
The Deputy Communications Director will work in the Division of Communications and Community Affairs (CCA) which is responsible for handling all inquiries from the press, as well as overseeing all internal communications for over 6,500 staff.
Reporting to the Deputy Commissioner of CCA, the Deputy Communications Director will:
• Serve as the lead contact for NYC Administration for Children’s Services in responding to calls from the press.
• Pitch proactive stories to the press highlighting the programs and initiatives of the agency.
• Plan and implement press conferences and announcements.
• Oversee the agency’s use of social media
• Participate in on-call weekly rotation on nights and weekends, responding to press inquiries.
• Write and edit content for in-house and external communication tools including web site, publications and newsletters.
• Respond to a wide variety of public information inquiries.
• Communicate effectively orally and in written materials to internal and external parties.
• Manage the collection of information in a timely manner from senior Children’s Services managers.
The preferred candidate should possess experience either as a journalist or as a communications specialist in handling calls from the press; be a self-directed individual with the proven ability to take initiative as a problem solver; be capable of multi-tasking and handling high-stress situations. The ideal candidate should have the ability to operate in a high-volume, deadline driven environment; understand and communicate information about sensitive child welfare issues.
SALARY RANGE: $49,492 - $136,198.
How TO APPLY:
TO APPLY: FOR CITY TO EMPLOYEES: Apply through Employee Self Serve (ESS). www.nyc.gov/ess, Search for Job ID #: 116791. FOR ALL OTHER APPLICANTS: Go to www.nyc.gov/careers/search, Search for Job ID# 116791
NYC Administration for Children's Services (ACS) is a premier children's services agency dedicated to ensuring the safety of NYC's 1.8 million children and strengthening its families.