City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Director of Housing Development
- Clinical Social Workers (LMSW/LCSW)
- Social Worker - LCSW - School Based Manager
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
- Tackling Poverty: A Local & National Agenda (Manhattan)
GrowNYC Executive Assistant/Office Coordinator
Position Summary Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant/Officer Coordinator is the hub of communication, coordination and organizational knowledge for a busy office. The responsibilities of the job include (but are not limited to):
• Reception, answering phones, answering organizational questions, and fielding inquiries from a variety of sources.
• General office support: filing, coordinating mailings, data entry and ordering supplies/services.
• Assisting the Executive Director with day to day schedule, travel arrangements, and organizing meetings.
• Communications coordination: promote proper communication within organization.
• Board interaction: scheduling meetings, keeping minutes, drafting agendas and facilitating communication.
• Fundraising assistance: organizing mailings, preparing donor letters, and database maintenance.
• Vehicles: manage/oversee staff use of vehicles.
Ideal Qualifications Professional Qualifications
• Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once without missing deadlines.
• Motivated self-starter who can identify problems and create systems to solve them.
• Resourceful, creative, energetic, and flexible to respond to diverse, strong personalities and daily questions.
• Ability to provide accurate details about daily operations as well as big-picture explanations of program mission. A calm demeanor, patience, and sense of humor is essential for success in the position. Communications Qualifications
• Superior people skills including ability to articulate mission, goals and accomplishments of the organization.
• Excellent, precise written communication skills are essential. Computer Qualifications
• MS Office, extensive experience with Excel, and mail merge in Word; Adobe, and Outlook.
How TO APPLY:
GrowNYC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and hires without regard to race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation or physical disability. Please email resume and cover letter plus 3 references to Lindsay Hincapie at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1st. No phone calls please.
GrowNYC Organization Information GrowNYC is a hands-on non-profit which improves New York City’s quality of life through environmental programs that transform communities block by block and empower all New Yorkers to secure a clean and healthy environment for future generations.