City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
- Tackling Poverty: A Local & National Agenda (Manhattan)
Manhattan News Network
The Technology Coordinator is a hands-on member of MNN's technology team. The position has responsibility for maintaining and developing MNN's core media technology services, including MNN's suite of open source web sites, back-end relational databases and web-based administrative applications. MNN's end-to-end media management system tracks all MNN activities from reservations to classes to play-out on MNN's digital cablecast system and digital platforms.
The Technology Coordinator provides guidance, training and vision to MNN staff and producers operating the web-based media technology services and ensures that MNN continues to play a strong role in open source development in collaboration with community media centers nationwide, as well as overseeing internal quality assurance testing and training.
• Using industry best practices, oversee the design, development, integration, hosting and maintenance of MNN Drupal-based web sites, relational databases and web-based administrative and media applications, working individually or with other web developers.
• Ensure that MNN web and CRM apps are operational at all times; respond quickly to reported problems and bugs; review enhancement requests; implement upgrades; coordinate as necessary with other departments or vendors and take lead in troubleshooting related issues.
• Update and document web site and CRM functionality, installation and/or administrative procedures.
• Develop and maintains strong working relationships with community media developers and or open source communities that impact developing and maintaining MNN web and CRM apps.
• Design and administer data collection tools including surveys to ensure feedback from MNN constituents. Execute survey-related projects and audit reports for accuracy as needed.
• Available to work occasional non-standard hours and to be on-call for emergencies.
• Other duties as assigned.
• BA or equivalent in broadcasting, media education, radio/TV communications, computer science, or related field, or equivalent.
• A minimum of 3+ years of experience with web site development, web site management, web development applications, and/or on-line database management.
• A proven ability to develop projects in partnership with diverse groups, such as public access TV centers or other non-profit, community-based media organizations.
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Strong operational knowledge of computer operations, multi-media, content management systems, new media and emerging technologies.
• Experience providing end-user support and technical advice and guidance to colleagues.
Other Job Requirements:
• Commitment to the mission and goals of community media.
• Ability to understand and integrate new technologies.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across departments.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to organize and present ideas clearly and persuasively, and communicate effectively with a diverse staff and public.
• Initiative in solving problems and capacity to troubleshoot and make recommendations.
• Good judgment and discretion to represent MNN in a highly professional manner.
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential materials and communications. Compensation Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
How TO APPLY:
Application deadline is February 28, 2013. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In cover letter, please address the following: 1) Why are you interested in the position? 2) What key developments do you see as critical in impacting the future media technology landscape and MNN’s role in it? Nonresponsive applications will not be considered. Due to the volume of applications, MNN may not be able to respond individually to each applicant. MNN will contact candidates for interviews on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
About MNN Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN) is dedicated to the exercise of First Amendment rights through moving image media and creates opportunities for communication, education, artistic expression and other non-commercial uses of its facilities. Founded in 1992, MNN administers four Public Access channels on the RCN, Time Warner Cable and Verizon FiOS cable systems reaching 620,000 Manhattan cable subscribers, streams programs on the Internet reaching global audiences, and offers training in video production, editing, and broadcasting to Manhattan residents who wish to become certified producers for MNN.
Manhattan Neighborhood Network is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.