City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Manhattan Neighborhood Network
The MNN El Barrio Firehouse staff consists of a ten-person team working in a collaborative, high energy, and organized environment. MNN seeks a Production Facilitator to join the team to enhance the public's use of MNN's video production equipment, training, and assist with preparing programs for cablecast. The position reports to the Firehouse Director.
• Provide technical/creative consultation to producers and members of the public.
• Facilitate studio productions: check in/out producers, lighting, prepare equipment, troubleshoot technical and user problems.
• Facilitate field equipment use: check in/out, prepare packages for producers, inspect and keep track of equipment for field use.
• Facilitate editing station use: check producers in/out and troubleshoot technical problems.
• Assist in studio production and editing as needed.
• Make reservations for use of equipment and facilities with public via phone, email and in person using MNN’s database system.
• Assist with digital file submission for programming as needed.
• Work on community and independent projects and productions as needed.
• Teach workshops, classes and seminars as needed or assigned.
• Assist in updating of curriculum when needed.
• Assist in preparation of training materials and equipment.
• Create and update producer records.
• Check and update producer certifications.
• Ensure compliance with and implement MNN policies, rules and regulations.
• Respond to phone and email inquiries and assist with program applications.
• General upkeep, maintenance, cleanliness of edit stations, field equipment, studios and other production facilities.
• Bachelor’s degree in media, video, communications or journalism or equivalent experience.
• 3 years + experience working in media field.
• Minimum one year teaching and curriculum development experience.
• Strong studio production, field and post-production skills and related working experience.
• Strong new media technology skills and related working experience.
• Excellent customer service skills and conflict resolution knowledge.
• Bilingual Spanish/English a plus.
Other Job Requirements:
• Strong interest in community media.
• Exceptional organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work independently, collectively and collaboratively.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated initiative in solving problems and capacity to troubleshoot and make recommendations.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse public.
• Position requires evening and weekend work hours.
How TO APPLY:
Application deadline is March 8, 2013. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please address the following: 1) Why are you interested in the Production Facilitator position? 2) What goals would you seek to achieve in this role?
Due to the volume of applications, MNN may not be able to respond individually to each applicant. MNN will contact selected candidates for interviews on a rolling basis. Please, No Phone Calls.
Manhattan Neighborhood Network is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.