City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Vice President, Family Services and Day Care Divis
- Director of Development
- Construction Superintendent
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
- Tackling Poverty: A Local & National Agenda (Manhattan)
Office Manager (Accounting & Time/billing bckgrd)
Manage the principal office of the Shared Services Center. Supports department operations by supervising staff and by developing and maintaining systems, provide training and oversight to staff of twenty, report regularly to Director, conduct virtual team conference calls, and manage other virtual teams as required
• Manages Time and Billing functions. Analyzes time records. Maintains time and billing standards and protocol.
• Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures.
• Develops, coordinates and monitors SSC new employee orientation and training.
• Develops and implements performance evaluations and individual growth improvement plans. Coaches, counsels and disciplines employees. Maintains high standards of work ethics, punctuality and attendance. Promotes productivity and harmony in the work place.
• Oversees SSC internal bookkeeping. Prepares financial reports. Ensures accuracy of SSC cost center records in financial records.
• Designs and maintains procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
• Manages interdepartmental communication
• Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement. Approves purchases of office supplies.
• Follows up with client affiliate Locals on billing issues and performs dunning as required
• Other duties as may be assigned by the Director from time to time
• Excellent supervisory, communication, process development and analytical skills
• Minimum three years running an office and supervising office staff
• Thorough knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping
• Minimum five years of management experience.
• Proficient in QuickBooks, Microsoft Office especially Excel, Word and Outlook
• Ability to Lead staff, to work independently and on a team
• Knowledge of Bill Quick or a time/billing management system preferred
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Minimum undergraduate degree or equivalent in experience as an office manager
• Advanced degree is preferred
Being part of our organization means having a great benefits package! Our employees have free health, dental, pharmacy and vision to you, your family and/or your domestic partner (same or opposite sex) at no cost. Also, you will have 3 weeks paid vacation, 1 week personal and 8 sick days a year (first years are pro-rated). Furthermore, an employer paid pension plan along with a 401k plan, free life insurance and ADD (3x your annual salary), pre-tax transit discount plan and 11 paid holidays in the year.
How TO APPLY:
“To Apply: Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title that you’re applying for on the subject line.”
UNITE HERE represents workers throughout the U.S. and Canada who work in the hotel, gaming, food service, manufacturing, textile, distribution, laundry, and airport industries.
UNITE HERE boasts a diverse membership, comprising workers from many immigrant communities as well as high percentages of African-American, Latino, and Asian-American workers. The majority of UNITE HERE members are women.
Through organizing, UNITE HERE members have made apparel jobs in the South, hotel housekeeping jobs in cities across North America, and hundreds of thousands of other traditionally low-wage jobs into good, family-sustaining, middle class jobs.
Located in Chelsea, Manhattan