City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
- Tackling Poverty: A Local & National Agenda (Manhattan)
Summer Leadership Institute Intern
NARAL Pro-Choice NY
TORCH Program Summer Leadership Institute Intern
POSITION AVAILABLE: June 18 through August 23 2013.
REPORTS TO: Youth Coordinator
HOURS: Monday through Friday 9:30am-5:30pm, applicants interested in a part time commitment are also encouraged to apply.
COMPENSATION: This position is unpaid. We will help secure academic credit if applicable.
SUMMARY: The Teen Outreach Reproductive CHallenge, known as TORCH®, is a nationally recognized program that combines peer sexual and reproductive health education and leadership training for New York City youth. TORCH Peer Leaders build their self esteem, develop leadership skills, and learn to make responsible choices. Then they share their knowledge with other teens by facilitating workshops around New York City. The Summer Leadership Institute (SLI) is a 6-week summer program that brings TORCH Peer Leaders together for intensive sexuality education and leadership training.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Interns provide hands-on assistance to a diverse and dynamic group of high school students from all five boroughs of New York City who are involved in this nationally recognized program.
• Plan and implement daily activities for the TORCH Summer Leadership Institute.
• Help develop and organize resource materials for Peer Leaders.
• Assist with program evaluation efforts.
• Track outreach efforts and their results.
• Mentor TORCH peer leadership positions.
• Work as a part of the TORCH team.
• Travel to workshop locations to observe Peer Leader workshops.
• Assist TORCH Program staff with other tasks as necessary.
• Educational and program planning experience.
• Experience working with teens.
• Strong personal commitment to youth development and sexual and reproductive health/rights/justice issues.
• Knowledge of sexual and reproductive health/adolescent sexuality.
• An understanding and enjoyment of working directly with a diverse group of teens.
• Ability to work well with a small team of staff and interns
• Research and computer skills, e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and data entry.
• Time, organizational and management skills.
• Graduate students encouraged to apply.
This is a great opportunity for aspiring educators, social workers, and counselors.
How TO APPLY:
TO APPLY: Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate the position you are applying for. If applying for more than one, please list your first choice.